Cool pic the forming of a foxtail

I saw this weird pistil cluster bursting out of a swollen calyx and the only thing I can figure is that it’s the very beginning of a foxtail

4 Likes

Most likely is. What plant is that. My zkittles that was in my spare bath whick stays pretty warm foxtailed like crazy. Heat and light did it. It might have been caused by leaving the lights on for 7 days to try and reveg a clone aldo not sure

2 Likes

My last zkittle that already was prone to even foxtailing

2 Likes

What is fox tailing and is it bad?
Sorry for the stupid question.

2 Likes

Foxtailing is basically buds forming on top of buds if genetic its usually seen as good or neutral cause it’s usually even spread and ends up giving you extra bud if due to stress it’s generally seen as negative cause its form is very ugly and uneven and usually unripe compared to the rest of the buds

2 Likes

I have a question, is it an autoflower?

I grew autoflowers for the first time this summer and 3 of 11 fox tailed and a first for me. Most the times members have a foxtailing problem it appears they are growing autoflowers. Might be a coincidence, or is there a pattern? Anyone else have a photoperiod plant foxtail?

2 Likes

Autoflowers only Ive only had 1/4 become foxtail heavy the and 1 other form very minor foxtails right on the bud tips which tends to be more prone to foxtailing anyways

2 Likes

Another follow up stupid question, how do you know if it’s genetics or stress?
Are there other signs that go along with it? Just wondering is all, sorry again.

1 Like

Basically if you get a lot of even bulges around your bud it’s probably genetic but if you get a sudden ugly pillar of bud it’s probably stress

3 Likes

Got my first fox tail on a white widow , but my last 5 were fine with no temperature changes.

1 Like

I didn’t know what was goin on with my buds & @PP3121 told me it was foxtailing. Also to @CMichGrower it was a auto flower White Widow.

Look like this White Widow? ILGM auto seed.

This is my ILGM auto Zkittlez main cola, look at top - foxtailing away…

1 Like

I know it’s genetic because I got a superskunk to the left and a sweetberry cough to the right in the same tent that are fine.

1 Like

My ww looking close? I was gonna go another week but now I’m thinking to harvest some colas.

1 Like

Yeah it does and she’s short too

1 Like

Short? My ww is almost four feet. But some colas seem full and ready - some amber seen on top sugar leaves

1 Like