Cooking With BHO or PHO

I am curious has anyone ever used a concentrate to make food. I did a pretty big run of a oz of product so i got like 6 grams of shatter. I have heard you need to decarb it like you have to with cannabis flower. But i cant seem to find any really good info on time and temp. So i will ask my favorite community. If anyone has a recipe for concentrate edible products can you post it hear.

Weren’t we discussing this a while back, @AnneBonny?

High Times ran some experiments. They said 110 minutes at 110 C. That’s 230 F.

I always decarb when I am making edibles @Rayofsunshine.

Do you plan to infuse it into butter or oil to cook with or are you going to just add it to what you are making? There are a lot of recipes posted in the member lounge. I found the following info for you.

How to decarb BHO
Heat oven to 250 degrees farenheit. Place measured amount of butane hash oil on a silicone liner on an over-safe pyrex pan (or use parchment paper, so it doesn’t stick).
Cook in oven for approximately 25 minutes.
Monitor the shatter to know when it’s done. When you decarb BHO, it will bubble. The decarboxlyation process releases water and carbon dioxide. Initially it will bubble large bubbles. Then smaller bubbles.
During the BHO decarb process, small bubbles of CO2 will be released.

You don’t want to overcook the shatter or it will make you sleepy. So keep a close eye on the bubbling throughout the shatter decarb process. Poke the bubbles with a skewer to loosen them towards the end, and then watch for new bubbles to form. Remove from oven when bubbling slows to a near stop.

Let cool for a few minutes then place the silicone mat or parchment in the freezer for a few minutes to make it easier to handle. Work quickly if you touch it with your fingers or it will melt into a sticky mess.