Converted basement room into grow space

Decided to make my grow tent the veg area and this space will be dedicated as the flower area (when I get there) 5’x5’ tent use to be in the center of this room. Rendered most of the room unusable. Stripped down room, installed 6mm panda film on walls, ceiling and floor. Sealed seams with waterproof gorilla tape. Pretty happy with the results. Makes it So much easier to move stuff around. Able to get the new worm bin in the room too. Thinking of building a wall to seperate this area from the rest of the room.

9’x11’ room was unused before putting my 5’x5’ tent in here. Now minus the tent.

Started installing panda film

Walls, ceiling and floor done. Starting to put things back together

Done for the night, all important things up and running. Need to work on some cable management tomorrow. Wires all over the place are making me nuts. Added a 12" hurricane fan at the last minute.

19 Likes

Looks like a nice space to work in!

9 Likes

Man, I should take the extra time to lay panda film over my floor. Although at this point my floor is screwed and needs refinishing anyway :sweat_smile:

Beautiful work. :v:

5 Likes

That would make me bonkers too!
What effect has not having enclosed reflective surfacing had on your overall DLI?

2 Likes

Thank you @Graysin

1 Like

One of the things I have to check after work today @Docnraq I was too tired last night lol. Just by eye it doesn’t look as bright.

1 Like

@Docnraq Just did a quick test before I ran out the door late for work :rofl:
Ppfd and DLI are up from where they were in the tent. Suprising since the reflective surfaces are gone.
With light at approx 60%

3 Likes

Very nicely done! Good luck with everything! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

yes, enjoy the growing

2 Likes

Nice!!! Are you running Autos with your lights on 24 hours? If not adjust your DLI lights on time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice job , you definitely have plenty of room to work with. :+1:

1 Like

What is that app you’re running on your phone?

1 Like

@Blastfact No, doing photos 18/6 hrs.

@Dexterado It’s called Pprf meter on andriod. Pretty sure they have it on apple also. I use this light meter with the app

I like what you did with the place… :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Very interesting. I would have had to do it before I left the house too! :laughing:

1 Like

@Docnraq hahaha would have bothered me all day. Just digging around on the app I use, I need to make an adjustment. Had the DLI set to 24 hrs light. Need to adjust that to 18hrs and test again.

4 Likes

Good catch!

1 Like

Android app PPFD (P-P-F-D)
Premium $0.99
PPFD Meter, Premium Plus is add free, for $1.99/mo
Free works well.

2 Likes

@TheBadHaggis , very nice looking room! Any details on the ventilation? What size? Venting back into lung room or outside?

2 Likes