Conversation piece out on the deck? 😆

This one is out on my deck now.

Ought to at least be a conversation piece, eh?

Can’t wait to hear some of the reactions when people come over.

Have you done the same?

17 Likes

A neighbor down the road is ex police sergeant - would not be the thing to do.

5 Likes

I see. Legal here as long as they can’t be seen from the street or are not easily accessible… so we’re good to go.

2 Likes

Got to be careful when in full bloom, someone that you think you trust might take it home without you knowing :rage:. Might want to hide it at that time. Just saying, it has happened. Looks pretty though. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

It’s on a second story deck that doesn’t have stairs to the ground. We also have a locked gate and fence around the back yard.

I’m hoping that’s enough deterrent… but you may be right. I might need to move it back into the tent then. Let’s see how big it gets too.

Thanks for the heads up

2 Likes

Just before harvest last summer!
Wasn’t much room left for conversations! LOL!

I live next door to a currently NOT retired cop! LOL!
In fact he had his cruiser out there last night! LOL!
He can’t see them from his place but he sure could smell them.
I could walk to the mailbox at least 150-200’ away from the plants on the opposite side of the house and they smelled as potent as when you were standing next to them!
It was a great September/October!!

:rofl:

9 Likes

Pretty amazing. Hard to miss that!!!

One question: this is my first plant I took outdoors. Is it normal for the leaves to canoe a little when they are grown outside?

3 Likes

Just put these out yesterday, the two purple kush autos are my first two to survive (SO FAR) my inhumane care for them and as a result are severely stunted, I put those seeds in soil on 3/30.
The two blue cheese photo plants were given a little better treatment, but not by much, they were put in soil on 4/14.

4 Likes

Had a family party last summer and everyone was just standing around admiring my plant lol. It was definitely a conversation piece.

1 Like

That’s what I’m expecting I think.

My family and friends know and have seen my grow tent but out on the deck is a different ambience. :laughing:

1 Like

@VirginiaGrowBoy, how hot does it get on your deck, and how much sun does it get? South facing? You might want to elevate it a bit if that lumber heats up during the day. If you get a lot of direct sun there it might need to acclimate to it (“harden off”)

Thats awesome though man! I need to build a deck. I have a “sliding glass door to nowhere” right now.

4 Likes

@CurrDogg420
North facing and about 6 hours sun maybe but enough probably. Southeastern US so about 95 in summer is max normal.

I never even thought about heat from the boards. Good catch!

I need to put some insulation under it.

3 Likes

Just kicked these girls outta the house!

4 Likes

@Pinboy
Nice! And I like your Mr. Sun.

After just 3 days (albeit perfect clear warm days) that plant looks so much better. I’m toying with the idea of bringing another out onto the deck

1 Like

It takes a few days to harden them off. I havnt told Mrs.Pin yet but I think I’m gonna put about 3 more autos on the deck. I wish I had the privacy to grow some photos outside

2 Likes

Here’s the other one that I’m thinking about bringing outside.

Still not sure yet…goes away from my one plant trial plan that I hatched.

2 Likes

I got 1 just chillin with the peppers and tomatoes.

3 Likes

Sweet! Good combo! My wife grows other cooking herbs on the deck too.

Are you going to train her or go au naturale?

Thinking i might let this go all natural. Because i have no idea what strain or anything. It was a seed i got from bag weed i picked up from the dispensary. Must have been a few years back not really sure. Kinda forgot about it and refound it in the back of a drawer in a joint tube or doob tube. Haha. So that’s the name i gave it.

1 Like

@GrassMan420

Good story. 99% sure it won’t be an auto but it could end up being a male? Goid luck and goid conversation piece. Good luck!