Controlled Crossbreeding question

Is it possible to attempt to pollinate a plant or 2 and not the others. I can grow the males (regular) in different location, but can I use pollinate a couple of my females in my greenhouse but not the others to control it?
MD

1 Like

Here is grow setup.
MD

1 Like

@imSICKkid just for starters, I know I’ve seen a few crossing, but cant remember who

@Eagles009

2 Likes

It’s possible. I’m barely in the planning stages though. My working plan is to grow the males separately. Put a bag on the male when it shows and I think it might drop. Collect pollen in said bag. Then I will remove a female from the grow room. Put it in the shower. Use some liquid, probably just tap water, to make pollen paste. This will be painted on the female in the shower. I will let her sit in there for a period of time and then use the shower to rinse her off before returning to the grow room. These are my initial rough thoughts.

1 Like

Yeah you can control pollination. Just remove the female you want to breed and apply pollen with a paint brush to the areas or colas you want to pollinate. Just place a brown paper sack or something to go over the area for 48hr.

After the 48hr is up you remove the plant again and take off the sack. Spray the plant down with mist real good and your good to proceed with the grow as normal

1 Like

Perfect this and the pastic bag way I have heard of, but never received any of the following steps. I currently have a rather unique group of female seed for this years grow, and some original skunk 1 regular and Afghan regional seeds which a high chance I can get a male, and want to try and pollinate and seed a plant or 2 of my specialty females to learn how to do it. Your instructions are extremely helpful and I Thank you.
MD

1 Like

I get my pollen from a friend who grows regular seeds i just grow feminized he gives me some pollen i then seal it in a few plastic bags and then put it in a sealed silicon jar place in freezer ive kept pollen for over 1 year and it still works …i take a little pollen and just brush a couple heads on each plant i want seeds from makes life alot easier :wink:

I am curious, after brushing pollen on the colas of desired females to obtain seed from and crossbread, why washing afterwards before I put back in greenhouse with other females that are not pollinated? Will the pollen just fall off or blow around?
I have a very controlled system, but also in desert and a very high heat and sunshine. I tried using misting to cool off greenhouse years ago, but any moisture on leaves and they burn up. I still have misting system, but is controlled and only cools down floor level, dropping greenhouse temp by 10-20f degrees when we are as hot as 120f outside. I have very good ventilation so no real problems with mold except floor at times but plants are off floor a little in buckets and experience no mold.
Thank you
MD