Control for smilers can't be bought

Looking good keep doing what you’re doing​:100::wink:

2 Likes

When I used promix hp, I pretty much treated it the same as I do happy frog but I add enough perlite to happy frog that it pretty much acts like promix hp, still got to watch the over-watering, specially in the seedling stage.

3 Likes

Yea it is new to me(promix) so I am trying to just go with what others did. Rh isn’t going to be super high. I don’t have time to mist the dome 30x a day. That will probably just slow initial growth correct? Nothing major?

2 Likes

I’m always in the 40’s RH for the whole grow really, even with running 2 humidifiers, never use domes for my seedlings and I’ll put my seedling growth speed against anyone. It’s usually the over humidified, no fresh air getting plants I see suffering from slower growth. People are always asking me how my sprouts/plants grow so fast LOL.

My 5 days out of the ground sprouts, no domes, no misting, 40’s RH.

4 Likes

I know! I went back and looked at this posts then looked at my seedlings. mine have been above ground for a week now and they are pretty tiny. wondering when I should start feeding. Normally they should be a bit bigger but man I got some tiny ones going this time in just the Promix.

I put the hlg65 on a ratchet rope and lowered it to 20". adjusted the fan and am seeing rh at about 65ish now blowing on the wet shop towel deal.

3 Likes

did you rinse the stuff before you planted? I didnt rinse my coco and my first seedlings stalled out and died eventually. IDK if its the same for the promix or not.

1 Like

i ready you didn’t need to rinse the promix as it is peat based.

1 Like

I am also just giving filtered or bottled water. maybe I need to be PHing it. But not sure how I would ph Ro in promix. I think promix sweet spot is 5.8 correct?

1 Like

hmmm, good question. I always ph the water now, foliar feed, water days, feed days, seedlings…i figure why not.

1 Like

I go with 6.5 ph in potting soil and I treated Promix HP as any other potting soil and had no issues with it. Seems some like 5.8 ph, guess that works for them as well.

I don’t like to give water to sprouts that is not ph’d. I want to set it to a ph and I do so by mixing in 1/4 tap water (over 400 ppm) to 3/4 RO, then set it to the ph I want.

2 Likes

RO Water has nothing in it. That’s an advantage of well water. Has micro-nuits that plant might need. Dilute jacks 3-2-1 to a 1/4 strength for a week or so. You run almost exact what I do.
Epson salts is # 1 in the jacks 321.
And do research into adding hydrogen peroxide to your germinate water. You are killing good fungi, use RECHARGE instead.
Also ,this is from KevinDrojdy he uses bean water to germinate his seeds in.
Soak red or white beans in water , toss beans , use water to (now filled with useful carbs that the seed can use along with microchyzen (recharge) soak seed in untill they float , maybe 20 - 40 hours. Seeds that dont float are bad.

1 Like

interesting. Thanks for the input. I have recharge and tribus I plan on using.

1 Like

seedlings are not looking good. I gave a litle 5.8 ph water sprays around the plant this morning and made sure the fan was blowing on a cup with a shop towel wicking 5.8 ph waer to bring up rh. Then I had to gone for 10 hours for work. I came home and they look a little yellow and droopy. they Promix was pretty dry. I gave some more 5.8 water But at this point not sure what the deal is. I also moved them off the 24hr light to 18/6 last night.

1 Like

@ash93 @Hellraiser @Covertgrower any thoughts? I think this is looking pretty bad and they are super small for 8 days above ground.

Idk…but maybe too much water and ph is too low?

1 Like

its promix so 5.8-6 is where it is supposed to be/ They were pretty dry this evening. I have not been giving much water at all. but the promix isn’t supposed to totally dry out.

Yeah, I’m not sure about promix…or any of it really, but I thought 5.8 was for hydro and soil needs to be closer to mid sixes?

promix is peat based with no nutrients added so it is treated like coco or hydro.

1 Like

I dont think I have been giving them enough water. not even close. Bill ward in this video at 7:00 in is giving them 10 times more water than I did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EDhJkJ-17s

maybe genetics?

Id test how wet they are if theyre dry then water and see how they grow for another week

1 Like