Control for smilers can't be bought

the house ac sucks air from the garage when i turn it on. it gets a little stale in here. Turning the ac on is really for our comfort to just get fresh air moving and is only on a couple minutes a day.

. I have a 4x8, 4x4 and 2x2 in a 30x12 foot garage with neighbors on both sides. All 3 tents do and have vented into the room the tents are located. Cracking the garage isn’t an option and it is freezing outside and I have a forest/ wooded area behind my house. Opening the garage door would bring a flood of vermin and what not into the room for sure. I just saw the neighbors cat chasing a mouse last night . Theres also ice on stuff.

Things seem to be running pretty good. The added heat from the drivers/ dehumidifiers and the little oil heater mean we dont need to turn the central heat on in the townhouse. At least not yet.

Ill look into the co2 bag but I think it would be a waste as My fans run 24/7. The grow space is also my office now so I am in here most of the time when I am home.

2 Likes

Your venting the tents into the garage they are inside and your also using it as your office?
Am I getting this right? I may have a really smart option…

1 Like

little update. Getting fatter. I also pulled a bunch of leaves and sucker branches as it’s just to much. Apparently I am a greedy little pig and overcrowded my tent again so now I’ve made all kinds of work and stress for myself.
All parameters and feed the same as before. I am however seeing just a touch of claw and darker green on one plant thats popped up since I topped dressed with recharge a few days ago. . I will dial back the ppms tomorrow for this plant I think and see how she reacts Or I might wait a day. not sure yet.

6 Likes

i also wanted to add and I know it’s lazy but i havent been taking runoff ec or ph. I dont see any issues aside from the one plant and i am sure its a bit high probably but not causing issues. No use chasing ghosts unless i have to.

2 Likes

Nice cloning, not much longer, I’d plant them as soon as you get a chance.

3 Likes

I stuck them in cups that day or the day after.
How can I tell when they have reveged? Some of them look really strange also. The biggest 4 have been in cups for quite some time. I just dont have the space right now for more tents. Maybe another 2x2. I think they got a little nute burn so I gave only water ph’d water today with a lot of runoff. Hopefully I didnt stunt them to bad. If so Ill toss them and start over I have several bags full still looking fresh in the fridge.

I think tomorrow they will get half strength jacks and tribus or /and recharge.

4 Likes

When there is new vegetative growth, which will look very weird for a while and then they’ll start pumping out single blade leaves and progress from there.

Here’s some weird new vegetative growth on a Blue Dream I’m revegging

2 Likes

gotcha. Ill post some photos of my clones tonight. I think i stunted them

day 32since flip?

big defoliation today. Removed a ton of inner fan leaves and some more sucker branches. I was really worried about air flow. not so much now. Next grow I am going to try and go for the less is more approach for reals this time. :rofl:

jacks full strength around 950-1000ppm . watering every day. recharge every couple 2-3 days and a snort of tribus maybe twice a week. Silica Blast every day at about 5ml a gallon. Using silica Blast because it was what was at the hydro store. I am watering to get good runoff. Maybe half to 3/4 of the tray of runoff.

I’ve completely moved off the Ro and have been straight tap for a while now. Running through a rv water filter. Can’t see any adverse effects. I think of all the water I wasted last grow and the first half of this one. Lesson learned.

Mixing nutes is so easy now. It was so tedious to mix FF nutes for 12 plants in 2 gallon jugs and that wasnt even every day. Even with jacks doing it that way sucked.
I am EXTRA careful not to mix up my containers of part A and B. (label the container and lid.) wasting a barrel if nutes and water would suck.

I start with a clean 55gallon drum. add water so I have ab
out 10-15 gallons and then add my silica blast. Mix it up good and then add the part A and mix the crap out of it. Then I add the epsom and mix the crap out of that. I then use a hammer and smash up any part A that didn’t dissolve. I then fill the drum about half way and add the part B. Mix it really good.

I then let the Barrell and mix sit with he top off all day or night depending when I mix it up. (wanting it to get close to room temp) I ph it (ph down)after it has sat a good long while. I also check ph every day before watering. 6-6.2 normally around 6.2. not seeing much drift now with regular ph down compared to the citric acid I was using.

The smell like fruity candy and are super sticky. Way frostier than last time.
Temps are averaging right around 79F with Rh 55-60
The sensor push units now have VPD and Dew Point but I haven’t looked into it as I just noticed last night the app had changed.

4 Likes

so heres my clones.
I screwed up and cooked them with full strength nutes a while back and gave just water. Then 1/2 strength nutes and recharge. Now at 3/4 strength nutes…

My question. I have a damaged them and should toss them as to not waste time growing stunted plants with a low yield or should I grow them out? How do they look aside from a little crispy?
@Hellraiser @Covertgrower @ash93 @Drinkslinger

I am really upset with myself for not being more scientific with the clones. It was a rough month with covid in the family and other things so I just kind of auto piloted and was easily distracted.

6 Likes

New growth looks better to me. Id keep them and monitor new growth and then get rid of the burned leaves down the road. You got a nice amount of clones there.

The flower tent is looking nice as well.

2 Likes

thanks buddie I appreciate it.
I have a bag of maybe 20 clones in the fridge left but they wont be good in a week I imagine.

1 Like

They look a little bedraggled, but I’ve seen worse.
I bet they’ll be fine 2 weeks after you repot them.
:+1:

2 Likes

Hey @Jackie_Daytona one thing to keep in mind when you mix silica in is to control the PH.
Mix your silica in, PH the water and then mix your nutrients.
Silica will raise the PH extensively and this can have negative effects on the nutrients. You may be able to tell by seeing your nutrients be cloudy but even then it’s not a sure sign.
To avoid this add silica first then PH, keep PH below 7.5 to avoid this before mixing in any nutrients.

2 Likes

Wow this grow looks way better than the last one , is it a different strain​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I dont really do that, is that bad? I mix everything then adjust pH.

1 Like

after adding silica blast and jacks 3-2-1 full strength my ph is 7. It then takes “x” amount of ph down to get it into range. I’m not seeing why I would want to ph after silica then have to ph again after I add the jacks. ? I haven’t seen a cloudy mix.

2 Likes

Thank you. They are the same ilgm White Widow. I was just looking at the photos from last grow compared to this grow. they look so much healthier.

1 Like

Thats exactly what I do and works out well for me

1 Like

Clones go though a rough looking period, and those are on the upswing with that visible growth. Looking like they’ll do great in just another week or two.

On the low yield, sometimes environment will play a role in how it will grow. I try to grow a strain out at least twice to verify it was me, or the strain. Or sometimes a combination. :joy:
If you have the space, time and light, I say go for it.

2 Likes