Control for smilers can't be bought

Plants look great and I agree with the rinsing of the trays prior to run off read I did the same thing pre autopot.

What’s your feed amount?
Intrested to know how much you feed of each and what your water ppm is before/after mixing it all up

1 Like

from above.

I had two high ppm runoffs but i am willing to bet when i water next and collect from these shiny clean trays the numbers go down.
]have you started a journal on your new grow yet?

2 Likes

another round of lst today and plucked just a few leaves that were in the dirt, not getting any light or were blocking a lot of light to other key places compared to its energy absorption if i couldn’t tuck it and still have it useful. anyway .I just carefully bent the main branches down a little more to open them up in the middle so that light can get in there.

6 Likes

Nice healthy green color, love to see it!

3 Likes

@Hellraiser thank you. I am really liking the jacks. It’s simple to use and seems to be getting the job done. I am not seeing any of the issues i had on my first grow.
lights are at about 150W @24"

4 Likes

Yeah was thinking your plants look much better this time around with Jacks. I just started another journal with my Zkittlez grow in coco and Jacks.

4 Likes

great. ill get over there and sub. thank you,.

2 Likes

A a couple days after feeding. I have had really good vpd going on. 74f/70rh in the auto seedling tent and 75F/69 in the 4x8. with a 77/65 average. They seem to like the added Rh.
I have good air flow going and have put 5 9" fans into the 4x8/ all on low. Three on top keeping the leaves moving/twitching and air moving through the branches and two down low keeping air moving and circulating in the intake air. I have a few more i can put in when needed.

They just seem so healthy its amazing. I am wondering what boosts to give if any aside from jacks/recharge/tribus/silica

7 Likes

Looks awesome!

3 Likes

thank you. !

2 Likes

That’s really all you need in veg. Might get some fulvic acid powder for flowering, seems popular with Jacks users.

Plants looking great!

3 Likes

thank you sir. ill pick up that fulvic.

2 Likes

watering day. Didnt get a runoff last time. ( i know, i know)

This time all plants got Ro water about 30ppm. -silica 2.5ml/gallon, jacks 3-2-1 @950-1000ppm or 1.8-2 ec
Recharge…a couple pinches maybe a gram a gallon?,
I have not not ph’d the water last couple feeds. it’s coming in around 6.3 with no ph up or down after nutes and recharge/tribus/silica.
Now if I need to add some ph down to get to lower with my feed water I will if suggested. But seems ok now. It’s funny as I used so much ph up with the fox farms lineup. Im talking 6-9 ml a gallon and now i don’t need any. (looking at full gallon of ph up)

run off numbers. Now I had a few plants that had a little higher runoff than i would like 1300ppm. I gave all plants maybe an extra gallon (3) and got a reall good amount of run off this time around. that extra gallon in each plant brought them all to about 1000-1100 ppm and 6.1-6.3 ph

I had one plant that showed just a few hints of what may been magnesium or cal issues. that was one of the plants with the higher runoff. It got the extra gallon and that brought it down to abut 1000ppm runoff and got half a gram more of cal nitrate and a pinch extra Epsom salts.
Right thing to do? not sure but thats what i’m going with.

plant’s got a strategic defoliation 3 days ago and you cant even tell today. I went in and cleaned up interior leaves and anything down low restricting air flow and just a few larger leaves that were cover bud sites that i need to get light. Also removed sucker branches and branches that just aren’t going to make the cut. Well except for the ones that always get left that you are rooting for that don’t make it. Anyway, They are growing incredibly well so far.

I’m thinking about the net. It so convenient to be able to take the plants out of the tent still. I know that having the net will give me a better canopy I am just kind of dreading it. Not being able to get in there really well and move things if need be. I am glad I got some lst training in when i did as the silica has the branches hard a steel.

thats about it for this grow.
more going on over at my auto grow over here

3 Likes

lookin professional up in here!!

3 Likes

thanks. I try and keep it clean and everything in order.

2 Likes

Everything looks great my friend!

1 Like

thank you.

little photos update. plants are getting big and full. lighting still 150@22-24" temps are 70-77 night/day . Rh is is between 65-70 and the plants love it but i need to start brining that down for when i flip to flower. I just need to figure out the timing on that.

5 Likes

Plants looking great!

If you’re following VPD charts, for flowering at 77F, you want be in the 46-54RH range, I would go to that RH once the plants start budding, probably week 2 or 3 of flowering depending on your plants/strains.

2 Likes

thank you! and thanks for the input. I will put that in my notes and schedule.

I am wondering about another defoliation. the growth is explosive right now and some of them have lots of leaves down low. However some branches i thought werent going to make it are now at the canopy.

2 Likes