Control for smilers can't be bought

i guess overwatering the promix would be difficult unlike say happy frog or ocean forest where it is going to stay wet for a week.

also about the tribus. over at greengenes channel he uses the recharge and tribus together and fulvic acid (once a month) which i need to pick up still. I was thinking about trying to follow some kind of primer at least. he talks about it around the 18 minute mark.

I do know of green gene and I have followed some of his stuff I didn’t know he uses the recharge as well hmm

I’m in a bit of a different nutrient line then him
I’m in chemgro 4-20-39

Yeah promix acts sorta like coco to my understanding.
You won’t over water in it.

2 Likes

i just got used to the soil then switched it up so i am in for some good learning times I am sure.

1 Like

You’ll never grow in soil again unless in the ground outside lol

1 Like

transplant day. I pre soaked the soil this morning.
pretty basic. dug out a space the size of the 1 gallon pot.
i then loosened up the plant from the sides of the pot and bottom.
flipped it over and slowly worked it out as I grasp the stem between my fingers supporting the weight of the plant with my hand.
Then once they came out popped them in the hole.

I will say I am not a fan of transplanting from fabric pots. I probably wont do it again. The roots stuck to the bottom of the pots and there were plenty still attached when i removed them. I dont want to cause that kinda of stress or shock so I am not super happy right now. Next time first pots will be plastic again. I hope they recover well. Lesson learned i just hope it wasn’t a costly one.

I gave the plants in the 7 gallon pots a full feeding of jacks 3-2-1 and recharge… about a gallon each and had good runoff.

Ive got a couple 9 inch fans in there circulating air keeping the leaves twitching.

T8 exhausting on 1 T6 intake on 4.

75F 67Rh

4 Likes

Lol yeah don’t pot up in fabric.
Plastic till final pot.

They look healthy your doing great.

2 Likes

yea lets see what they look like tomorrow. it was not a fun transplant.

2 Likes

Sometimes we gotta learn the hard way right! Haha

3 Likes

the root balls all stayed intact. i just lost some roots on the bottoms of the pots. no massive chunks of soil or anything. One plant… one with odd shaded leaves is definitely not happy and giving the droop bad. I had the lights at about 120@24 but i dimmed them to 100w to maybe relieve some stress. not sure if thats the right thing to do or not.

I guess all i can do now is wait and see.

2 Likes

So far so good. :crossed_fingers: All the plants including Lil’ Droopy have perked back up. I did dial the lights back a notch and will leave them like that today as by the time i get any input on weather to turn them back to 120@24" ill be gone to work. :rofl: I figure it might lower the stress level a bit.

Hopefully recovery doesnt take to long but a recovery is a recovery right?

still shy of my vpd zone 73-75F at 60-65rh but it kinda is what it is right now.

2 Likes

Hey man I was going to reply to your post last night but I’m at work (standby paramedic) and had to work in the middle of my reply haha.

Anyways things sound good, my VPD isn’t ever perfect either but we get it as close as we can to perfect right.
The best we can do is try the best we can do to provide a perfect environment.
Without industrial controls and sealed rooms it’s impossible.
However it all makes a difference and this can be notice by looking at your tricombs size and density, how they compare to your first grow to your current grow.

:smile_cat:

2 Likes

Yep, that’s why I only go fabric for the final pot.

Plants looking great!

2 Likes

thank you. no droop but they got a lil pissed off look going. Hoping they bounce back soon.

1 Like

Hope so to friend😿

2 Likes

here they are today. I think were going to be ok. for now anyway.

75F- 70Rh lights are at 100w@24"

Probably give it a few more days then give them a lil more light. Need to get that DLI up there @Nicky

3 Likes

Your vegging so control light by node spacing. Then once stretch starts smash em with 40-60 DLI depending how hard you want to push em and how well your fresh air is.
Be prepared to keep an eye out for calcium deficiencys at that point though

1 Like

gotcha. thanks for the input!. This will be interesting and I hope I learn a lot along the way.

1 Like

Your welcome, you will because you want to :smiley_cat:

1 Like

FYI billward is giving away a light and a cool spider web scrog deal. just comment what country you are from and like the video to enter. How To Grow medical Cannabis Part 5. Early Flower Training. Huge Giveaway.. ENTER BELOW. #marshydro - YouTube

1 Like

plants look droopy today like they need water. its been 4 days since transplant. but pots are still heavy. moisture meter is still reading wet and promix feels like it has moisture. @Hellraiser @ashhhh @Nicky @Covertgrower could the moisture be in the bottom of the pot mostly where the roots just havent made it?
75F Rh 55 120w@24 humidity has dropped drastically since yesterday which leads me to believe the pots have a lot less moisture in them.

going back in sticky my fingers deep it does feel like it has moisture but not wet.

5 Likes