Continuous topping

If I want you continually top my plant in every possible spot at least one time throughout it’s veg growth before flowering is it possible. Photo’s not auto’s ok.

2 Likes

You top ur photoperiod plant as many times as u want to just as long you allow it to grow after doing the first topping

2 Likes

Thank you you know what I mean or referring to topping it just like you did the first time at the lets say 5th node… like in this pic

2 Likes

Ever hear of the term Law of Diminishing Returns. The roots and stem can only support a certain amount of vegetative growth at a given size and age. The more you top the longer you need to let it veg. If you don’t restore this balance the size of the bud is reduced as a result.
This is not my plant. It is from Low’s Grow journal. This single plant is about 5 months old in a 2x4’ scrog frame.

I did a topping exercise with NL a while back. It may have been the wrong strain to try it on and I know I did not let it grow out enough to support the number of created. Trimming that many smaller buds is a PIA. I have gravitated toward fewer larger (hopefully) buds.

6 Likes

Hi there. You should put grates or risers under plants so not sitting in runoff :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You can top as many times as you like, It comes down to Managing your space. Outside Christmas tree type plant does well , inside I like a Bush With even canopy. Just my thoughts
Happy growing ! :v:

1 Like