Consuming and Health

I agree. Any BHO has to pass standards, some states 50ppm or less.
I assure you any butane extraction that is under a controlled heated vacuum there’s no butane in it. (Less than 50ppm)

I also agree. Knowing what’s going in and out is important.

1 Like

I jumped on the EQ today despite tryna hold back lol. My wife says shes a fan, I plan to jump on it tonight. Do you crush your buds up @merlin44? Seems like u really just wanna drop buds in and stir periodically.

1 Like

To get effective extraction you should grind the buds. I use an inexpensive hand grinder for herbs. One good choice is “Sharp Stone” but there are many out there. Mine cost about $15.

A nice even grind is what you are after.

2 Likes

Well when grinding it a good bit of flower got in the whip so maybe something isn’t installed haha…me reading directions = :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

There is supposed to be a screen in the glass piece that goes into the heating area. That screen keeps the ground up bud material from entering the whip.

The screen is cup shaped and has a stiff outer frame piece that helps keep its shape.

Clarification: The heating chamber goes into the top of the unit, the glass piece that the whip is attached to goes into the heating chamber piece. The screen goes into the bottom of the glass piece that the whip is attached to.

2 Likes

Ahhh I gotcha good looking out! Cant wait til later :call_me_hand:t5:

1 Like

I will take a nice big hit of Chocolope right now…ahhh, that was good! Bzzzzzzzzzz and tastes great!

2 Likes

@TheAlchemist, one thing that I do is when I am finished with a load of ground up bud, I remove the whip, put the glass piece over the trash and give the whip a firm puff of air with my mouth to blow the used up material out of the screen before the next load. This technique only works well when the whip glass piece is still warm from use. When it cools down the material sticks together and to the screen and must be removed using a pick of some sort.

2 Likes

Good info and I actually was noticing that tryna clean it up after my lady used it and I had to dig all that out. Chocolope sounds pretty good to me rn lol. Take one in my honor Haha

1 Like

Do I understand correctly that you found the little screen?

1 Like

I did! It was doubled up in one of the pieces and we are on all cylinders. I’m pretty stoked about this cuz I really do wanna get away from paper n tobacco products

1 Like

Perfect, @TheAlchemist, I am glad you found it. I hope the EQ works well for you. I certainly like mine. Much easier on the throat and lungs.

My favorite part about using a vape for fresh buds is the flavor.

2 Likes

Yeah man I got some flower from sweet seeds that was a mystery so idk the strain but it tastes like grapes. Prob be my first go but my strawberry cheesecake is also calling me.

2 Likes

I have some Strawberry Cough that wants to jump into my vape. I harvested it in January but have had so many choices that I have not had a chance to try it. This week was the first time that I tried Chocolope.

2 Likes

I dig that’s how I am. Idk how some people grow the same strain for years lol. My wishlist is strong af hahaha. I spilt shopping for beans with an old friend way back and he got the strawberry cough while I got some others. How was the yield? The Peyote lineage has been doing me serious justice for buzz quality.

The Strawberry Cough is bit smaller in yield compared to SSH. I normally get about 1# per plant. Strawberry Cough in the same grow was about 13 oz per plant.

2 Likes

I had the same experience. Nugs the size of golf balls. Some smaller.

2 Likes