Confusion on start of flowering

Hi all, I keep reading and searching but was hoping for clarity on when flowering starts. Switched to HPS and 12/12 a little over 5 weeks ago. After 7 days saw my first pre-flowers. This is my 2nd grow and my success has been dependent on your input. Is it officially in flower at 12/12 or preflower. I get the buds are done when their done but understanding timing for essential feeding seems like a huge element you senior growers have accomplished. Thank you very much for the help. Here are my 3 Ak-47 girls a little over 5weeks after going 12/12.

4 Likes

What I have read on here the first 2 weeks of 12/12 is pre flower so I understood that to mean keep with veg nutes and if your strain has a 60 day flower time the first 2 weeks don’t count towards that time.
I am basing my comments on a question I had about the weeks of flower feeding schedule on the Advanced Nutrients.
Hope that helps
By the way nice looking grow

2 Likes

Thanks Paul, I am using those nutes as well and my first grow missed the transition from grow booster to flower booster also started as soon as switching light schedule, struggled with lockout and ph. This time I did the transition but its sounds like a little early. Im in soil foxfarm. I have a daily log with many notes for my own learning and hopefully when finally dialed in sharing with other new growers as I am. This time I am struggling with a smaller deficiency, still have not identified the fix. You can see the yellow. Anyway thanks for the input. I only want to post ?'s when I feel lost. Peace!!

While the internal biological processes very with each plant, “Flower period” officially starts when you set the lights to 12/12, with normal, non-auto, seeds.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When you switch to 12/12 they start the stretch period. This is when they grow to just short of their final height and can end up 12 or more inches taller in a few days. They will start producing the stamen, white hairs, then and about the same time they stop growing so fast they will produce the symmetrical flower tops. Generally 14 to 21 days depending on strain. Flower period starts when the growth slows and the tops have formed.

4 Likes

Thank you Dumme

Thank you Stomper