Confusion about Fox Farm Trio while using Coco Coir and Perlite mixture

This is my first time growing and I need to know how to use the nutes. I need to know how much to give and how often. I looked at the schedule but I am confused about how often and the amounts I should give. After some reading someone said that I should use significantly less than what FF recommended. Also I don’t know if I should feed each day or 1 time per week or a different schedule. PLEASE HELP!

2 Likes

I would start at 1/4 strength nutes and full strength cal mag water every day to some runoff 20% +/-

1 Like

Okay so it should be to 20% runoff. Thank you so much!

I have never used those nutes. But do use GH which is very similar. And start with 1/2 like @Allinherhead mentioned. I wait till I am close to 3 weeks old before I got to 1/2 with mine. I don’t know how AN is with autos. But for most I do. I stop at 1/2 strength. I do work my way up to full as I see them show they are ready for more. I personally shoot for a 3 - 4 cup run off when feeding or watering. I feed for 3 days then do a water with just cal mag added to it. If you keep notes of what your run off is. It will help as a guide for what to feed. It also will help you to know how much you need to feed each day. This is what I made to keep track of my plants. I am in coco as well

1 Like

How much water do I give at a time?

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be exact just water slowly, (I use a solo cup on the stuff I hand water) until it starts coming out the bottom of the bags. The amount that takes will be more as the plant grows. Mine are using 25 gallons a day. The idea of the runoff in coco is to make sure the roots get saturated and the old gets flushed out.

1 Like

Thanks Allinherhead!! Wow 25 gallons is crazy. Can you give me an example for what I might feed a seedling?

1 Like

Are you in soil or coco, sorry if you already said. I fell down the stairs and at the least have cracked some ribs so dealing with the pain having a little trouble keeping these threads straight.

Sooooooo sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you feel better really soon!!! I am using Coco and Perlite.

1 Like

I use a 150ml syringe to water seedlings. Purple kush in coco 17 days from sprout.
Transplant day.

They were put in 1 gallon transplanters. I gave them 300ml each.
2 days later they received 500 ml. Enough to have good run off.
As they grew the water/feed became every day rather than 2-3 days. Always gave enough to have good runoff. 600 - 750ml until moved to 5 gallon fabric pots.

For comparison, when they were in trays they were only getting 10ml or less. (20 or 30ml syringe)

1 Like

Thanks!!! That helps a lot!

It was my understanding that you feed every day when using Coco and Perlite mixture… Am I correct in my understanding?

1 Like

I would qualify that to say every time they need water. Depending on the plant’s size, the size and type of the pot, you may go more than a day. The concept is called fertigation frequency. If you are using coco I highly recommend cocoforcannabis. They cover all thing coco including feeding.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help!!!