Confused plants

My poor plants - I started them inside in early March, moved them outdoors to a greenhouse at the end of April, then moved them back inside (for security reasons) at the end of June but they began doing poorly due to too many plants and too little light. I have light on for 12 hours/day on only the best 3 for about the last 3 weeks but they seem to have stalled. Any tips for making them more robust? The pictures are 1/2 Bubble Gum, 3/4 AK 47, and 5/6 White Widow.
Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome ! I will say lights going to be your most important item for inside grow. If possible fill out the support ticket will get you more and better feedback. That way members will have a better feel of what’s going on.

Thanks - could you possibly send a link to the support ticker?

1 Like

Note to any admin…
This is pinned to the top of the forum posts but only if you are not logged in.
Once you log in you have to really search for it. Just FYI

2 Likes

Spend money on way better lights and all problems outside nutrient deficiencies will be taken care of.

Like HLG is one many on here use and for good reason. :+1:

1 Like

Here’s more info:

• What strain, Bubble Gum, AK 47, White Widow
  • Method: Potting soil
    • Grow bags
  • PH of Water - unknown
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution -unknown
  • Indoor
  • Light system - 1000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants
  • Temps; Day, Night 75 F
  • Humidity; Day, Night - unknown
  • Ventilation system; Yes, fans
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, - No
  • Co2; No

This is most likely part of your issues.

What kind of potting soil?
Have you given them anything besides water?

did you have a bug issue? some of the leaves look just like my plants that got damaged by mites

1 Like

I’m using Miracle-Gro potting soil (see pic below) and have been supplementing with ILGM’s nutrients (now Flowertime) about every 2 weeks.

like @Drinkslinger said you need to monitor your PH and PPM/TDS . Some of your problems are from Miracle-Grow there nitrogen is time released.

1 Like

Yes. Miracle grow releases fertilizer every time you water. Adding other nutrients will only confound things more.
Not knowing soil or nute solution pH is just icing on the “oops” cake.

Many of us, myself included, have used mg soil. It’s a common mistake. Don’t feel bad.

1 Like

1000 watt light? LED? Who makes 1000 watt LED? Thats not even a thing? I wish Amazon would stop allowing advertisers to falsely represent the shitty products they sell. This is out of hand! Its really deceptive! I would be willing to launch a class action law suit against Amazon forballowing this deceptive sales tactic to continue.
So many people have fallen victem to this scam its no longer acceptable! Never was!

3 Likes

I hear you on that. 1/2 the posts here involve the dubious amazon blurples.

Also, a common mistake :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

No this is blatant misrepresentation and so many people are being scammed by this especially here in Canada because the legalization has caused a boom in home growing. This rapid influx of inexperienced growers is propping up what I would consider illegal sales of equipment under false or misleading advertising. This is no joke! Millioms and millions of dollars are being spent on these super shitty lights!
To the best of my knowledge nobody has taken Amazon to task about this issue?

4 Likes

When I researched buying led lighting, forums like this were not up to speed on them. So I turned to online review sites and google. Those were the sites that duped me. How could so many different review sites tout Grow Star, Roleadro, and Meihzi lights as being great, when in fact, they are not.

True story.
The blurple companies will send replacements at the drop of a hat, and not want returns. They’ve even sent me free lights after replacing defective ones, just to shut me up (which I won’t). Their products are so cheap they literally send more, just because.

Lesson learned. You can’t trust everything you read on the internets. :roll_eyes:

But yeah, amazon should really be more honest.

1 Like

Ok I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with Amazon.ca. I voiced a serious complaint, I pointed towards numerous obvious false advertising adds involving chinese shit lights. I told them this is a multi million dollar scam in Canada and the United States. This would be a massive black eye for Amazon. I also said I will expect confirmation of my complaint and an intended action. I will not go away and this will escalate.

4 Likes

And now for something completely different

Just for some levity
:laughing:

Keep us in the loop though. I’ll be curious to see what comes of this.

3 Likes

me too! I said Im giving Amazon the opportunity to correct this situation without it ever seeing the light of day. However, if this not actioned appropriately, it will proceed higher up the food chain. The next stop is the media.

1 Like