Confused on air Stones?

So I have have a air pump for my hydo, I have alot air stones … Now everything i have read said it’s a waste of time to use air stone or the votex… like I pump I have .
And acutely makes the ph go up … the co2 meter showing 10x the air just by shaking a 5 gallon jug 3/4 full for 1 min. Vigorously :rofl:
So I’m at a loss because all Videos I have seen always have air pump & air sponge going…

So what the foo???

I’m taking just watering my plants in coco by the way sorry

Well I’m confused: are you in hydro or coco?

Using air stones in water will acidify the water, not raise the PH. CO2 is acidic.

Roots will drown if left dangling in un-oxygenated water.

Bubbling air through tapwater if chlorine is present will dissipate it but will not work on chloramines: they require a chlorine remover.

1 Like

Coco. And yes it’s been Raising the ph . I’m not the only one with this problem. . I just dont see the point . I’m using 100% rainwater on a vortex pump that stays at 6 to 6.50 at all times . When I started using a air stone it Rasied the ph over 8.7 …
Iv seen this problem. But the concussion across the board is this just a preference thing …
If anything it’s just adding a problem I don’t really need. …

What’s the temperature of the water…
Water temps and pumping air into water temperature’s that fluctuate will also lead to big ph swings…
Also is light present in the container…
All of these things are factors to consider… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

What’s the TDS of the rainwater? If it’s under 100 ppm you are just getting spurious numbers. They don’t mean anything.