ConcreteBudz Indoor 420Garden Adventure šŸ¤Æ

@dbrn32 have you heard of and or what are your thoughts on Geek Beast pro 630w leds? Are they made in China? And King Brite 600w in comparison? I know king brite is made and sold out of China. Just curious and is Alibaba a reliable site to get a light from? Will I be getting what they say I am purchasing? I have read reviews and havenā€™t heard of anything bad besides wait time.

I have heard of them, but never seen one.

Alibaba suppliers seem to be hit and miss. Some are very good and others send out stuff with counterfeit leds.

1 Like

@dbrn32 i want a bar light setup and preferably American made so I can get any replacement parts etc easily if need be and assistance. And using the Samsung 301h or 301b technology. Sorry Iā€™m not exactly a whiz when it comes to lights so sorry if Iā€™m not saying any of that right but you know what Iā€™m trying to say haha. I was gonna get a king brite and then my cousin and my buddy talked me outta it because of alibaba n there from China etc then I was looking at those geek beasts and once again could only find on Chinese platforms so they talked me outta those lights. Iā€™m about to just settle on the HLG scorpion rspecā€¦ but like I said I really wanted the bar style setup you know of anywhere else I can shop? Haha

1 Like

If youā€™re messing with leds there is always going to be some aspect of China involved. However, you have plenty of options to avoid shipping from China. For bar styled light specifically, chilled tech would be a good option. Youā€™re not going to really get much a bargain though.

Did you put any thought into building your own? Linear led modules can be sourced from several distributors stateside.

1 Like

Yes Iā€™ve thought about it, one of my friends from growing up is a very very good grower and he designed his own along with my cousins setup but it runs about $1500 pre set up and there being snobs and wonā€™t help me out with any helpful info. Can you give me some sites I can check out? And will there be people on the site I can chat with to help me build my light? Because like I said Iā€™m not an expert so I donā€™t know everything imma need on my own haha. Iā€™m going to check out Chilled tech right now.

1 Like

$1500 huh? What is he using, and how big of a light do you need? Building lights is something Iā€™m a little familiar with.

2 Likes

1 Like

And I need for my 4x4x6.5 tent. Iā€™m on chilled tech and I see there grow light kits with all the instructions too those look like really nice lights with all same tech I was talking about

1 Like

Fluence makes a nice light. That one is couple models old, you could build better light than that for around $800. In fact, there are at least a few using these parts around the forum.

2 Likes

Haha thanks man that makes me happy to hear. My cousin and buddy keep putting me down saying I wonā€™t grow top quality stuff unless I have THAT lightā€¦ like come on :smirk:. Itā€™s late here I got work In the morning but imma watch the video and do some more researching and Iā€™ll be back tomorrow with more questions Iā€™m sure :rofl: Hope you donā€™t mind youā€™ve been very helpful! Thanks a lot man!

1 Like

Ya, I know the kind. Itā€™s indeed a nice light, but like I said isnā€™t even the best light that Fluence makes anymore. You would have several options to get into a light of that quality for $1000 or less, even if you donā€™t want to build. Wanting it to be that style of light somewhat limits options. But do your research and let me know if you have further questions. We are here to help.

3 Likes

Perhaps this will help. I have watered plants in flower with fish emulsion. And never once have my plants tastedā€¦ well, if you know fish emulsion. And Jackā€™s doesnā€™t even have a smell, let alone an offensive one.

I grow organically outdoors, but indoors I believe itā€™s far more appropriate to use a fertilizer like Jackā€™s which delivers better yields; some forum members undoubtedly rely on coal-fired power to grow their medicine, so we should try to at least maximize the return.

The plants donā€™t distinguish between the chemicals from ā€œorganic certifiedā€ sources and conventional fertilizers, once the chemical is inside the plant. Itā€™s all carbon-based biochemistry. Itā€™s good that you want to grow great flowers, but much of what you hear as a justification for organic growing is pseudoscience.

7 Likes

Iā€™m just one of probably 1000ā€™s of folks here that db has helped build a light. If I can do it so can you. Just sayin. :v::+1:t2:
Like @dbrn32 said, plenty of folks here to help you.
Good luck! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m gonna build mine too! Thanks @dbrn32

2 Likes

@dbrn32 know anything about the ā€œphaser x660 proā€ on spectreled .com? Buddy sent me the link looks like amazing light just wanted to double check before I made purchase if youā€™ve heard anything about them.

1 Like

1500 umols/s and 2.4 umol/joule isnā€™t as good as other lights available for similar price. It looks like a rebranded light from alibaba. Not a bad light, but I donā€™t think itā€™s the best for your money.

2 Likes

If using Jacks 321 in coco should I buy another calcium supplement too?

1 Like

No. Jacks 321 has everything you need. All I use extra, is armor si and hydroguard. Some use those two and some donā€™t. Some use other additives. Good luck! :+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks brother yeah Iā€™ll experiment a little but probably leave out any cal-mag then

1 Like

@dbrn32 so another question. Iā€™m about to order everything to build my own bar style light. But I see ALOT more people on the forum using quantum boards. Whatā€™s your preference? Do you feel or believe in your opinion one style of light is better than the other if there both using the same components?? Because the hlg scorpion rspec is around same price as if I build my own bar style so I guess it comes down to personal preference? But Iā€™m not experienced enough with led lighting to even have an educated preference haha so thatā€™s why looking for so much guidance

3 Likes