Concern about cold and harvest time

Hi there, I have a sour diesel plant that I have been growing on my balcony. I think it has roughly one more week to go but it is my first grow and I am inexperienced to say the least. I am out of the country and my housemate is looking after her at the moment which is stressful to not be able to give daily care. As temperatures in the UK are around 46 in the day, I have panicked a bit and asked my housemate to bring her inside. Temp is more favourable but light is limited. I guess I would like to ask you all for help on what to do. should I leave her outside? how long roughly till harvest? Is it better to leave her in my bedroom with less light but warmer temp.
Thanks guys!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

you have way more than a week.

Bringing inside at night will help, but if she does not get ample light during the day, you won’t get much.

I would try putting her out during the day and see how she responds

3 Likes

Thank you for your response. As it would be a lot to ask of my housemate I will stick to outdoors day and night and see how she responds. The UK doesn’t feel like a favourable place to grow at this time.

2 Likes

If its only a week, just ask him to bring in at night. A few Pints and he will be cool with it, tell him I said so!

3 Likes

Good incentive!

@AAA has got you covered if you have any more questions please fill free to ask someone is always here and willing to help and welcome to the forum @sourmagnum

3 Likes

I think that’s a great course of action. Just wanted to drop by and welcome you to the forum.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your great support and warm welcomes. As I am away from home for the next 10 or so days, and having looked at the forecast I can see that temperatures are at highs of 60 and lows of 44, and there is not a lot of sun, I was wondering what my plants chances of completing flowering are. I am not concerned about potency as I like a mellow smoke, but, valuing all of your experience, I was wondering whether you could tell me what to expect? Is there a chance that she will simply give up? I have been using an organic food that was recommended by a grower at an indoor grow store, and I have no pests to worry about, only a less than ideal climate. I didn’t anticipate I would get so stressed about being away from it and I am definitely searching for some peace of mind!

I know the UK is damp and cool, we here in Canada ultimately have to shut er doon as soon as hard frost comes. However, were I you, I would keep the plant dry but outside. As long as the plant stays dry and the temps somewhat above freezing you should be golden. While you may not bulk up much due to cold and less sun because of clouds, the plant will create more resin to protect those juicy buds! Plus… an added bonus of purple fall colors! You should also water less because the plants aren’t transpiring lime they did when it was hot.

2 Likes

Keep her in as much direct sunlight as you can during the day. Bringing her inside at night is great, just make sure there’s absolutely no light of any type for 12 hours.

Normally I’d say she’s got another month, but cooler temps and low light intensity may push it longer.

Keep her out of the rain,fog,dew etc.

Welcome. And don’t be afraid to ask questions. We were all new once.

1 Like

Even though it’s overcast, the sun still cuts through! Let her ride outside as others have said, keep her dry.

1 Like

What a lovely community! I’m so appreciative for all your kind advice. Feel very positive about my first grow now

3 Likes

big thick cola could be yours if you let it grow for another 4 weeks minimum.
of course, temps can make a diff. keep feeding and she will make you smile.

1 Like