Concentrates to vape with vg/pg recipe

Have you sampled ex A yet? If so how was it?

That was @PotandPans experiment. I can’t recall how it went. I’d have to reread it myself.

1 Like

I’ll see if I can find it. Whatever I go with I’ll post even if it flops​:sob::sob::sob:

I hope you don’t. I know it’s risky especially if you’re on a tight budget like me.

2 Likes

Hi @Angie. My friend @DoobieNoobie tagged me so I thought I’d throw in my 2 cents worth.

I make ejuice to vape by doing an Everclear alcohol extraction with my Magical Butter machine after decarbing flower. From there, I reduce the tincture to an oil and end up with a tablespoon (15ml) of reduction.

I have mixed my own VG/PG in a ratio of 70% VG to 30% PG. This seems to deliver a good cloud that’s not overly harsh. I also add flavors into the VG/PG to make it enjoyable. I also buy 0% nicotine VG/PG blends 70/30 that are already mixed and flavored like warm cinnamon roll…very nice.

When I decarb 1 oz bud in my MB machine with 3C of everclear, this reduces down to 15ml. I’ll add 3 parts VG/PG blend to 1 part tincture reduction. In my typical recipe, this equals to 60ml of finished product or 15 ml tincture reduction added into 45 ml flavored VG/PG blend.

I also make gummy bears which my wife likes best. She has asthma making any kind of smoking or vaping difficult for her. I make the gummy bears with a jello and gelatin concoction using the same 15 ml of tincture reduction. A very nice “whole body” feeling that aides in pain relief and deep sleep.

If I can help in anyway, please tag me.

2 Likes

I meant to say I first decarb flower…then place decarbed bud into MB2e machine. The machine doesn’t actually do the decarbing.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @MT3 for your recipe. As of now I dont have fresh bud yet but I can puchase the wax. I have pg and vg from Florida Labs. I was in need of a good ratio so thank you. I have full intention on having fresh bud to start with though just waiting for my girls to finish. I LOVE smoking weed but I have copd so making concentrates oils and edibles will be an good out. Until then I have pot dr appt in a few weeks but will only get concentrates and edibles…no bud at all.:sob::sob::sob::sob: Good thing I’ll get pharmaceutical grade product as a base.

2 Likes

Well didnt get wax as planned but will first thing in am. Right after coffee and wake n bake sesh it is on!!! I like 70/30 ratio I think. 1ml to gram wax. I dont have any Terps so I’m wondering what to look for taste wise. I will probably be shouting out and updating as I go. This is going to be fun!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Yeah I read how she done that. Interesting enough I dont know yet!! Lol!! :thinking::thinking: Hey I have to master turning bought wax to good vape then I’ll jump in with fresh bud. I am looking to see all options.

2 Likes

Experimenting is half the fun @Angie! I played around with VG/PG ratios, and always came back to 70% VG and 30% PG as my base.

Since you have COPD, smoking is rough on your lungs like my wife’s asthma makes her breathing difficult. I really like vaping better than smoking weed since the smell of smoke is not my favorite thing…but vape smoke is quite nice in comparison.

Enjoy all the options!

1 Like

Yeah it sounds like it’s going to be fun to dabble with. I’m going with 70/30 vg/pg in am without Terps and see what happens. I enjoy the vape but being here in Louisiana you dont know what you’re getting(knock offs) so it’s better to diy. I know I wont be able to keep smoking as much as i do forever so I’ll learn how to indulge without having to smoke AS much. Honestly I cant handle cig smoke AT ALL but absolutely love every thing about smoking my weed. From the smell of the weed burning to the taste as I take a hit and then the lingering taste after I exhale!!:heart_eyes: I hope time never comes when I cant blaze my weed. :wink::wink::wink:

Update…wax is in. Being ffirst time my BFF got some she and daughter tested then this am we tested with glass then tested some more in daughters new quartz banger…needless to say its gone.:upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face: but more will be here soon!!!

Ok this is what I have.

I’m going with 70/30 vg/pg 1ml/1g. Anyone got any suggestions before I go for it?? PLEASE do!! I’m breaking it into 2 grams then check back.

Update!! Vg/pg 70/30 was too thick for cart. Did get a couple of hits and it tasted wonderful but separated.

So I went to Head Shop and picked up DabMagic Worked like a charm. I used 1/2g to 5ml DM it broke down perfectly!! I wanted no flavor but this was mango even being it didn’t over power the wax. Very smooth!! Very nice vape oil!! I’m going 4ml on other 1/2. Gotta get more cartridges! It’s been fun.:blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

I haven’t seen that dab magic stuff before. It looks like it works really well.

1 Like

@DoobieNoobie it absolutely works great. All they had was mango but it doesn’t over power taste of wax! I doesn’t turn dark color either

I use .5 gram carts. He should get no flavored in this week and I have 2 grams wax coming today to play with.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Awesome thanks for the info.

I cleaned up the mess I made with VG/PG and ended up with .4 g final weight.

So I put the weaker vg/ph in a cart and added .4 ml DM & ended up with .7g clear clean oil. I was surprised I came out so clean!! Then I cleaned my shot glass and syringes and ended up with .3ml. So a really nice clean up!!:wink::wink::wink: About the time I finished my package arrived!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Sooo as soon as I got home I took .7g added 1ml DM ended up with 1.7ml. I like this mixture. I like mine really thick so little by little I add. It says 15ml/1g …6ml/1g or 3ml/1g. I want to add just enough to vape. Stronger the better!!:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face: I am shopping for a press right now so I’ll be using my own rosin before too much longer​:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:This is so much fun!!

1 Like

A press is my next big purchase. But it’ll be a while before then. Good to see something that works so well.

1 Like

The last carts are no good!! I’ll be driving to Beaumont to get my carts from now on!!!