Concentrates Blog

@Caligurl i am going to give your gummy recipe a whirl this week and was wondering what you used to lightly oil the gummy molds, wasn’t sure if pam would have a reaction to the neoprene? Also do you think an ounce would give me around 3.3 grams or is that dependent on the strain

3 Likes

Hi, im sure shell give ya an answer soon as ahe can… ive used all kinds of sprays on my molds, so far no issues… but since ive spray, i really havent had to spray again. They always pop right out.

2 Likes

Cool good to know :+1: thank you :metal::beers:

1 Like

I use Pam on the molds. If you don’t there will be trouble haha.

I’ve done her recipe a few times and found (for us) that two teaspoons of citric acid is a bit too much so dropped down to one and that was the ticket.

6 Likes

Thanx for the tip on the citric acid appreciate the help​:+1::beers:, so does it depend on the strain you grow as to how much you get of the final product was gonna decarb an oz but not sure if I should do more. Trying to get around 3 grams or a little more to make the 25mg per gummy

1 Like

Hello… Just wondering… What/how do you cover them/with?
Do you sprinkle cornstarch on top as well?

Thanks again for the information you’ve provided!

1 Like

If you are using the S.T. you can expect 5 to 7 grams of full spectrum oil from an oz.

You will have to ‘calibrate’ your mold to know how much goes in each chamber. Our first batch (supposed to do 100 smaller ones) was only 40 in our bigger mold. So, each one was like 65 mg. Had to cut into 1/3 to get to our approximate 22 to 25 mg. Since then I plan on getting 40 so 1 gram of THC to get to my 25 mg goal. If full spectrum oil then you’re looking at between 1.3 and 1.4 grams of full spectrum oil per batch.

We also weighed each gummy as it was dropped: a little tedious but my wife and I got it done between us.

Yes, cornstarch. I sifted it over the top then flipped 'em over and did it again. Didn’t worry about the edges.

4 Likes

I put sugar and citric acid in a bag and shake them up sour and sweet

5 Likes

Ok so i got same molds as caligurl used so yes bigger ones 1" x 3/4" or there about .good to know, 65mg ea would be a bit over the top :upside_down_face::crazy_face:

4 Likes

I don’t grease the molds anymore they come out just fine without it

6 Likes

Yes I rub corn starch on the gummies after they have set and before I pop them out.

3 Likes

Ahhhh… Bummer… My gummies didn’t set. Been in frig since 3pm.

@Caligurl @DEEPDIVERDAVE @ashhhh well, I cannot get my gummies out…So… Since I haven’t done edibles before, why waste it?

8:58pm CST I licked my first gummy out of it’s mold. I shot for 10mg/gummy as these are 1ml leaf molds.

I am a very heavy puffer, over 6ft, under 300lbs.

Waiting 1-1.5 hours… Then taking another lick of gummy mold.

I’ll be back…

6 Likes

I have remelted gummys that didnt set and added more gelatin to stiffen up

5 Likes

@Bunger64 Was considering that… Thank you…

Either way… The ride has started, licked one out… How it will affect me… That’s what I’ll see.

This evening has gotten interesting.

5 Likes

How do gummies affect you?

2 Likes

I was trying to figure out how describe the edibles I’m a smoker so not sure because just because lol. My cousin mentioned Gravitational Pull thats it my feet and legs feel like im Gluuuueeedd down lol. My test pilot has a hard time getting her shoes off but theres Moscato involved.
woo-yeah
This is the recipe i use we like the candie side last run I added Everclear infused sugar called them the Hulk double potent.How To Make Sour Canna Gummies - YouTube
The starburst jello is great jolly rancher also. I have tastes to add for flavor also.

3 Likes

Accelerant like alcohol will help.

3 Likes

1.25 hours… Gonna try another… See what happens…

1 Like

@Fiefie I ate a pack of gummies (600mg) and a chocolate bar (500mg) and waiting…

2 Likes

@ashhhh so far nothing… On third 10mg dose.

Getting bored… I may crash and start again tomorrow morning.

4 Likes