Concentrates Blog

Ummmm. hell yeah! That’s what I want on here are recipes!!!

1 Like

Are you worried that the cannabinoids will be destroyed during the stir fry? I’ve been told high heat destroys them but I’ve done some higher heat cooking and it doesn’t seem to affect it… now it might have and I just don’t know what the difference would be.

1 Like

It’s in an instant pot so it doesn’t get that hit it’s cooks under pressure and when I do the sauté mode it’s just browsing the chicken lightly on low which is also done in the instant pot it’s a one pot meal which is great

2 Likes

and I added the extra stuff like orange and fresh ginger too really makes it pop

4 Likes

This can all be prepped ahead of time or right when your ready to make it doesn’t matter. If your in the area tonight @Caligurl your invited a seat at my table here for ya

2 Likes

Cool! Thank you! I need to get an InstaPot!

1 Like

So dinner was a success forgot to post pics of the heat of the moment but it was delicious

1 Like

I find it amazing that running the bud through Everclear for a ‘quick wash’ or even an hour would remove the THC … that’s amazing!

2 Likes

I find it AMAZING that just running the bud through a ‘quick wash’ or even one hour in Everclear removes the THC… just that simple. Amazing.

1 Like

Yup! I know! I’ve seen people even do a SUPER quick was… like 30 seconds then strain. They say the less you do the less chlorophyll you get out so it tastes even better. I just ordered my Buchner funnel and The Source Turbo Extractor… can’t WAIT for them to arrive!

4 Likes

Header Pot Corn

First off… dosing. This recipe makes approximately 40 - 1/4 Cup servings.

I used 1.54 grams of wax/concentrate (dab) (1.54 x 750 = 1155)
1155 / 40 = 28.875
So each 1/4 cup serving is 28.875mg THC

Here are the things you need:
IMG_2983

10 Cups plain popcorn
1/2 Cup Butter
2 Cups brown sugar
1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

And of course, the good stuff! I found another silicon baking dish at the Good Will and cut it into equal pieces that would fit on my scale… scooped it out with a dab tool and weighed out 1.54g (way easier than trying to scoop it out with a toothpick)

IMG_2985

Preheat your oven to 250 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. I tested out one with parchment and one with a silicon baking mat. They both worked the same BTW…

In a heavy pot, melt the butter on low-medium heat and the stir in the wax concentrate.
IMG_2986

Stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup and salt, lower the heat, bring to a boil then turn down the heat and let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
IMG_2987

Then stir in the baking soda… it will start to foam.

IMG_2994

Keep stirring until the mixture begins to thicken.
IMG_3001

Working quickly, pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir, stir, stir!
IMG_3002 IMG_3003

Spread the popcorn evenly between the 2 pans in a single layer. Bake 15 minutes, remove from oven, break up the pieces, return to oven and bake another 10 minutes.

IMG_3005
Remove from oven, let it cool and break up the pieces some more.

And viola!
PotCorn in bag
(photos courtesy of my hubby)

18 Likes

@Caligurl Thanks for inviting me to your thread

I have a question on solvents to extract the THC.

I watched a couple youtube videos, and found one where they used Isopropol Alcohol instead of Ethyl.

Is there a benefit to using Ethyl Alcohol? I mean I thought it was fantastic at first - I have a cousin who is a doctor, and she isn’t opposed to weed, but she doesn’t trust the processes to extract the THC for concentrates or edibles. So using a food grade product like Everclear gave me a sense of comfort.

But at the end of the day, the alcohol evaporates and is not present in the final product. So is there a point to paying a premium for food grade solvents?

I’ve got a ridiculous amount of LARF, I just harvested the second plant - I got a few jars full of good smoke from the second plant and a kitchen garbage bag half full of LARF, the previous plant is garbage in comparison, so no point in smoking it and I’m embarrassed to give it away, so that will all go into my larf/edible bin as well.

Anyway, I could easily go through a case of everclear to process what I have. The guy online made his RSO in a huge bucket - I could see myself doing something like that if I had a cheaper solvent. I guess I’m thinking out loud and looking for any feedback. Thanks.

Also, is there a difference between RSO and Qwet? From what I gather QWET is a type of RSO that uses Ethyl alcohol?

3 Likes

I’ll tag @blackthumbbetty to answer the ISO question and also about doing large batches. I just bought The Source turbo extractor but was told there was a better one for large batches but it’s $2000. I just felt like the ethanol was more natural with it being food safe right off the bat.

1 Like

We cant get everclear here but no trouble getting ISO so keen to hear your thoughts or BTB :+1:

1 Like

Wow… my RSO is SO much darker than that. Hmmmmm

2 Likes

Decarbed vs not decarbed maybe?

2 Likes

That’s what I would guess… probably not decried because he is going to vape it… that’s hen it goes decried. Also the filtering, the clearer the liquid, the lighter the concentrate. I thought a out trying a batch of non-decarbed and when I do, I’llpost it here to compare.

2 Likes

Can’t stand not being able to edit after a few… that should have said probably not decarbed

1 Like

you can use Vodka instead of Everclear. Isn’t Isopropol Alcohol, rubbing alcohol?

3 Likes

Even non decarbed RSO is black. For some reason butane hash oil doesn’t turn black, it stays amber colored. I think because it is so fast and cold. IMO

4 Likes