Concentrates Blog

Everything I’ve read about doing quick washes is the longer you soak the flower in the alcohol the more cloryphil and plant taste your gonna get from the oil that’s why I never soak longer than 45 sec to a min I guess it’s prefrence but I’d rather a nice clean taste and the shorter the wash the better the color usually you always do a second wash to extract rest but won’t b as potent.

2 Likes

Tristan- I’ll try to find that book on eBay. Yes I want to put the oil into empty cartridges for vaping- that’s my goal. Maybe I’ll wait until you do that. lol

1 Like

Look up terpenes online theirs a bunch of different places need to just drop a few drops and mix really I’ll find the site I was ordering from. It’s called trueterpenes. Com theirs others too but gonna try them out. Theirs also a viscosity booster you can use

2 Likes

@shady424 Thank you! I’d ordered terpenes from East Coast Terpenes… they haven’t arrived yet - I need to have everything I need before I make another attempt. lol
Thank you for the book name… I’ll try to get that located.

2 Likes

Just made a quick wash I didn’t post anything on it but decarbed in a glass jar at 240 for an he turning every 15 mins froze decarbed bud and alcohol for 24 hrs then covered with the alcohol put through two sieves and my little cotton coffee filter I get put in Pyrex dish now fan blowing on it to evaporate all the alcohol I will post pics of finished product looking good so far though

2 Likes

No problem @ccason anything to help

1 Like

Please do!!

So I’ve been making different flavors of gummie beats for a care package to a friend. I decided to re-liquify my wax to see if it melted into the gelatin easier.

I took about 1 tablespoon of Eveeclear in a small dish and stirred in the wax.

It helped a little, not sure it’s worth the extra effort or not… jury is still out

1 Like

Try ordering some terms off online it will thin it out and still give medicinal effect the different terms is where the medicine is really at. If you ask me.

1 Like

All this talk of terpenes is making me
Want try them… I’ve been researching it so I iust might/ thanks!

2 Likes

Yea I’m grabbing a few bottles myself have on order

2 Likes

I like making bho if im gonna dab because the terpenes are amazing. I always taste it for like 10 secs after exhaling. I only make it with the trim

5 Likes

How do you do the BHO I wanted to try it.

2 Likes

Mi quick wash is done tally on it. Is 2.5 g used about zip maybe litter more plan on putting some in with the chicken teriyaki I’m making in the pressure cooker

2 Likes

Iys very easy. You can buy a bho extracter on amazon and yiu have to use more so organic butane or highly purified butane and put your bud or trim inside the extracter then put coffee filter on the open end and clamp it down then shoot butane through the small hole but be careful not to let it build pressure. Every few seconds let off then shake the bottle then spray again and do that until u see liquid seeping out the coffee filter into a pyrex dish. I reccomend gloves cause it freezes over im just a knucklehead so don’t pay attention to me not wearing any imo best method for terpenes in ur dabs

1 Like

So the bud is in the extractor that your putting the butane in or you pure the liquid you get over the bud still a little confused I’ll look up and see what I can find. Right now making a kick ass cannabis dinner for a small family reunion with my brother that’s gone his daughter reached out and had a baby and wants to come by and she wants cannabis on the menu not for the baby pf course. So I’m doing a instant pot chicken teriyaki I putting some dab in the teriyaki sauce the seasoning for the chicken is getting kief and getting sautéed in the canna butter it’s gonna b a lit dinner I’ll post some pics of the deliciousness when it’s done later right now just prepping

1 Like

Lit dinner, indeed LOL! I’ve read that you can add a CBD dish in between courses to ‘bring your guests down a little’… I’ve not tried it but have been thinking bout adding a CBD plant in my next grow just to try it.

Can’t wait to see pics! Do you know the doses per serving of each dish?

Honestly probably not the exact dose I know the kief I put 1 tsp my butter pretty strong made with like 2 1/2 oz I’ll use like 2 1/2 tablespoons to sautee with that and only a small amount of the dabs in the sauce but as far as dosin no haven’t gotten that down yet

1 Like

That’s why I love cooking with the wax/dab because I can determine a very close dose for each serving. 1g of wax = approx 750mg thc.

And my instantpot of course anyone interested in the exact recipe lmk I found a regular chicken teriyaki recipe for the instant pot and tweaked it a little adding grated orange rind the juice grated garlic to a paste and obviously the cannabis but it’s really tasty made it once before

1 Like