Concentrates Blog

To make vape carts you first want to make a QWET, the absolute cleanest you can. You’ll want to use your first wash for carts. You want a golden brown wash without chlorophyll. When you have purged the ethanol out of the oil, you need to do a partial decarb. An easy way to do this is put the oil in a small mason jar, like the small jelly jars that are only a few ounces. Put the lid on slightly, don’t tighten it down, just slightly snug. Place in an oven at 180 for an hour. This starts to decarb and also will thin the oil enough so that you do not need to add terps or a liquidizer etc.

7 Likes

do you also still decarb the flower if making qwet for vape carts? in essence de carbing twice?

2 Likes

No, don’t decarb the flower first. Just do the partial decarb at the end

2 Likes

thanks AfgVet!

2 Likes

Anytime

1 Like

@AfgVet Could you elaborate a bit on this for us newbs? I didn’t thinking that vape pens were hot enough to decarb, but if they are… why decarb at all? Please and thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The partial decarb changes the consistency of the oil, liquefying it more, thus making it the right velocity for the carts and the oil is stable and won’t crystallize and clog the cart

But, if you do a full decarb to the oil it will be too thin and your carts will leak

6 Likes

This is key knowledge, very much appreciated for sharing!

2 Likes

Awsome, thanks

2 Likes

That’s cool. And glad I could help a little.

1 Like

Thanks Vetty @AfgVet! I was thinking of buyin a dab rig for Mr. Cali… do you just use the qwet concentrate as is (super thick and sticky)?

2 Likes

Ive only made dabs once so far, been working on mastering the carts. Based on all of my reading, I bought a small vacuum chamber with an air pump. You put the oil on a silicone mat, or I use small silicone cupcake molds that I cut up to make individual cups. Then you vacuum purge the concentrate with a bit of heat under the chamber and it becomes a form of concentrate. I’m not up on the different types, shatter, wax, crumble etc, but the amount of vac time will produce different variations.

3 Likes

Nice info thnks

1 Like

And temperatures! Lower temps produce a more crumble like consistency, and warmer produces more goo like.
I typically run around 75°-80° approximately. This does depend on the strain too, some just have a different consistency, and have terpene sauce. QWET extraction might come out differently at the end.

2 Likes

But Incant
Control temp on my Source Turbo…

1 Like

Some fresh pressed Double grape Auto headed for curing. Averaging about 22% returns and the taste… forget about it!

Bless up!

3 Likes

@Caligurl he’s referring to the temp of the vacuum chamber. I put mine on my magnetic hot plate while the pump is vacuuming.

2 Likes

Good to know. I’ve only experimented once with it. Now that I have vapes figured out I’ll play around with it some more

3 Likes

@Caligurl I have a loved one who prefers oil-based tinctures used sublingually for her arthritis. To make this, do I just follow your QWET method and melt that concentrate down in olive, coconut or avocado oil, or is it better to cook the decarbed cannabis in oil and then strain? Thinking about adding some fresh spearmint from my garden for flavor too. Thanks!

2 Likes

I prefer to make the qwet then you can melt it into the oil. Why I say that is it is more accurate to dose that way.

Let me know if you have any questions

5 Likes