Concentrates Blog

Look great I followed @Caligurl receipe for choclate bears and they where great. Enjoy them when you do.

2 Likes

Enjoying them now …I have a permanent smile hahaha

And thank you
I would probably like different molds

3 Likes

Lol can’t wait to see how you feel in an hour or two

4 Likes

I will be holding an instrument or drooling on the pillow not sure yet

Maybe both

I also realized something else …
It’s been a while since I thought about rolling a joint
That’s rare

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hope you are not at work.

1 Like

Lol I hadn’t thought of that
I’m pretty sure he’s off and at home🤣

2 Likes

I’m making a “tincture” with decarbed shake and 190 everclear (GA).

So I had 1 oz of GA in the freezer and then added some shake and swirled it around once or twice a day for a week or so. Then I added a little more.

So here are my questions:

(1) Is there a point where the GA can no longer make the terp crystals soluble?

it looks like there is a thin layer of dark crap (plant matter I presume) that settled to the bottom. And though it is not easy to see (due to the frozen glass jar), but there also appears to be something else settling out.

(2) What happens to the terp crystals (in freezing GA temps) if they aren’t dissolved in the GA? Do they fall out of the solution as other crystals (like sugar) will?

(3) is there some point where keeping this stuff in the freezer and shaking it from time to time won’t get any more THC absorbed?

I’m pretty sure there are better questions I could be asking. I did a few google searches to find a start on these questions, but there wasn’t any fidelity in the answers I was finding. Thanks.

You can do multiple washes. Each wash will yield less than the last. It’s plant matter that you can see settling which is why you have to strain it. If the trichomes are knocked off they will be suspended in the liquid. If they don’t fall off, you will knock them off the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th wash. I only do 3 max as wash 4 yield not much at all and is a waste of everclear (even in. Closed loop extraction process like my Source Turbo.

Thc trichomes range between 20 and 120 microns.

Potency increases as particle size decreases with optimal being around 65. Anything lower than 20 will filter out all the super fine debris and will also filter out some of the trichomes (unfortunately)
With my Büchner funnel and filter I use a lab grade filter that is supposed to be around 60 microns.

4 Likes

Is it time to really send this thread into the k-hole? With all this distillate and concentrate talk, the end result is also the beginning to making diamonds. Bubble hash or concentrates being pressed to remove the terps leaving you with pure white thc crystals. :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: my next endeavor if I get enough yield from my current grow.

1 Like

How many grams do you get consistently from the Source Turbo? I can’t decide if I get one of those or wait and pick up the Etoh pro.

@Donkey, are you just pressing rosin thru different micron bags or are you going to blast shatter then press that thru bags to make the crystals? I’ve seen a couple different ways people do it. I’m going to try it next harvest also. I got some 99.9 crystals in Colorado in July and it was amazing!

1 Like

I was thinking about doing a bubble hash of all the trim and then pressing very low and slow through an unbleached coffee filter. Ultimate goal are almost clear carts of pure thc and then add in some of the terps I have for flavor. When I’m snowboarding I like to vape on the chairlift and super tasty one hit wonder sounds fun. I have mango terps and orange creamsicle terps.

5 Likes

Ok ok
It’s too early to make people drool Lolol

Those terps sound awesome and I’d be highly interested in the results of your endeavors with the pressing

I also fear I may have just grown a plant this season I may never get to again
Mob Boss
The tang flavor is absolutely nose tingling and mouth numbing and it’s also developing a slight fuel flavor too …
I have used the trim to make QWET but the plant was so resinous and coated sugar leaves would have been great to really know what I’m doing in the concentrates dept …hope I find one seed lol but doubtful

1 Like

I can comfortably purge about 3 grams but if I had the money, I would have gone with the Etoh if you want more volume.

2 Likes

Those chocolates
Awesome …
My sis came by after the gym and pick up a few
So my mother is in her 70’s and her golfing girlfriends and her went on a trip recently and all her friends were eating edibles …
She was scared of them
But when she learned I made my own from the plants I grew she asked for one …
Lol she hasn’t used cannabis products since the 70’s

Lmfao hope she gets ripped

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Interesting. I’ve never thought of trying a coffee filter. Do you think it would flow OK? The paper might absorb the rosin flowing out?

2 Likes

I was going to try pressing thru multiple micron bags. Like a 75 or 90 first then that rosin thru a 50 then a 37 then a 25. Cleaning more fats and lipids each micron.

I still prefer alcohol extraction over pressing. The Source does a good job of keeping the temperature down to preserve more of a terpene profile. Done right it produces gorgeous oil.

Yields for me run around 6 to 7 grams per oz. of flower.

5 Likes

I use coffee filters sometimes now. I did when I first started my journal but now I use these, but they fit in the buchner funnel. The coffee filters will work just fine. The ideal micron is 65 and coffee filters are 20 but many bubble bags can go down to 25 microns for hash. 65 will just let some more plant matter through.

6 Likes