Concentrates Blog

See thread 12 :point_up_2:t3:Except now I use 3 packets of gelatin…

3 Likes

I just backed up to read the gummy recipe and saw this post.
I found, probably, the best cleaner for any tar like substances on the hands (used it on tools as well).
Bengay muscle rub or even the generic version works well.
It’s truly amazing how well it works.
Put about twice normal amount in your hands and work it in.
Try it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try it on next batch of gummies.

2 Likes

I use my fan leaves almost like parsley or any other herb theirs no thc in the fan leaves the sugar leaves yes but either the leave goes into my compost or I chop it and mix it with my herbs I’m cooking with I also know of people using juicers on the leaves their are health benefits to them but nothing like the rest of the plant

5 Likes

A little dark, and some more terps for the flavor would have been nice but overall its not bad, it rips!

8 Likes

Why didn’t someone think of declaring this sooner?

1 Like

I personally still prefer running bubble hash first for all my concentrated efforts. Take that hash and store it in the fridge or freezer forever if needed. Take out what you need to make your oils, butter, or just add to your blazing. Especially if you have lots of product to run. You will save so much money when running tinctures because you need much less to get the same concentration. Some may feel like this is double work, but it will save you cash in the long run. The current bubble hash machines make washing so much easier too. :money_mouth_face::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I tried making bubble hash once but I need to try again… I’ve looked into the machines… that would help me a lot… the bags seemed like a lot of mess.

Maybe I’ll try again using the bags… hmmm…

2 Likes

If you have a good amount of product, def get the machine. Hint, never use dry ice, it will freeze up the washer. Lol
Get the six bag system by bubble guy at a minimum. There are better, just depends on your budget. Trash into cash. Lol

I ran my wash 3 times and was quite happy. Good stuff…

1 Like

Yup, that’s what I have is the Bubble Guy bags… I think there are 6 (maybe 8 can’t remember)

2 Likes

@Caligurl I bought those and haven’t had the amount of flower to try them. What’s the minimum that you’ve ran through with good results?

2 Likes

I think it was around 2 ounces of good trim… can’t remember. I did get a good amount out of each bag. It was my first attempt at any kind of concentrate so I didn’t know what to do with the hash so I just flattened it out to dry it and hubby crumbled it up and smoked it with some flower. I have learned a lot since then so I should try again.

3 Likes

I ran 3-4oz of trim and got about 10 grams of hash. The better the budz the better the hash. I like to make the hash if I have too much also. Good way to store your product.

3 Likes

@TokerGuy @Caligurl I’ll be getting trim from these two in 4-6 weeks. Excited to try the bags.

12 Likes

So I guess I just need to do it again…

2 Likes

I want to see how you do it and what it produces! Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m not saying they don’t work, but I used dry ice and the bubble bags with excellent results.

5 Likes

That’s good to hear because I have not bought a machine because of the $$$… I just need to get my bags out again lol!!

2 Likes

The dry ice method works too, but on a side by side comparison you get a couple grams more with the machine. I also froze my trim for 3 days before washing. The machine is worth it if you have lots of product, plus I use it in my RV as an emergency washing machine. Lol. Just don’t use soap…

11 Likes

Deal. I’ll smoke a bunch too and let you know. :upside_down_face:

1 Like