Concentrates Blog

Yep. Yes he is.

2 Likes

For a minute I was thinking about smuggling hoses to cali lol

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
We need fire hoses out here!!

1 Like

So I have a recipe for a topical salve that has helped everyone I’ve made some for. Like my husband’s brother-in-law has something similar to impetigo but worse (can’t remember the name). He said he doesn’t take narcotic pain pills anymore (I also make him gummy bears and other edibles) but the salve has worked 100x better than the expensive prescription salve the docs prescribed. It dries up the sores and calms the inflammation. Hubby’s sister also suffers from fibromyalgia and both the edibles and the salve are helping her. The edibles are low does so they can still function. If you’re interested, I can post the recipe here now. I’ve been trying to get the time to do the tutorial on it.

13 Likes

My wife would definitely benefit from this.

1 Like

That’s fantastic news @Caligurl that your salve is helping so many with there discomforts.
I’m a massage therapist and it would be great to have something like this to help treat some people’s discomforts.
Nice work.
I’d sure love to have you share your recipe be very interesting
Cheers

4 Likes

Makes 16 ounces
Ingredients:

1 1/2 Cups Coconut Oil

1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

1/3 Cup Bees Wax Pastilles

1/2 teaspoon essential oil (see notes below on different uses of essential oils) I used Clove Bud Oil

1 Tablespoon Vitamin E Oil

3 Grams concentrated THC dab/wax

2 Grams concentrated THCA dab/wax (this is made from non-decarboxylated weed)

Put all ingredients except the concentrates in a heavy sauce pan on very low heat.

Once all the ingredients are melted, add your concentrates and make sure they are melted completely.

Pour into a screw lid container and allow to harden before you put the lid on (

I use these and one recipe of this salve makes 16 ounces:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BK8YQL4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ESSENTIAL OILS:

I use because CLOVE BUD OIL has anti-microbial and anti-fungal characteristics.

BERGAMOT OIL is recognized for its antibacterial properties.

CINNAMON OIL is an incredible essential oil for treating bacterial infections.

The following essential oils also have anti-inflammatory properties:

• thyme
  • clove
  • rose
  • eucalyptus
  • fennel
  • bergamot
17 Likes

Thanks for sharing. If i may ask a question. Ive been watching some rso videos. Do you know if they decarb the weed before starting the process with the alcahol.

4 Likes

To make RSO the flower is decarbed before extracting with alcohol.

4 Likes

Thank you, none of the videos shows this and one said can decarb the rso " if ya want"

2 Likes

I decarboxylated for the THC and don’t decarboxylated for the THCA.

3 Likes

Decarboxylated for thc but don’t decarb for the THCA

Even if you don’t know very much about cannabis, chances are you’ll have heard of THC.

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the chemical compound responsible for the intoxicating effects that come with cannabis use, and depending on the exact strain of cannabis used, it can be one of the most abundant cannabinoids present in a product. There are even strains of cannabis that have been specially bred by cultivators for the express purpose of developing very high levels of THC, thereby becoming a more potent plant.

And yet, if you were to chew on the leaves of some freshly picked high-THC cannabis, you wouldn’t feel a thing.

Why? No matter how potent a cannabis strain might claim to be, there is almost no THC present in the raw cannabis plant material.

What is THCA?

All of the major cannabinoids present in cannabis come from the “mother of all cannabinoids”– cannabigerolic acid (CBGA).

As the cannabis plant matures, enzymes which are unique to each cannabis strain convert the CBGA into some combination of the three major cannabinoid precursor compounds: tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA), cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), and cannabichromenic acid (CBCA).

8 Likes

Thank you @Caligurl for starting this awesome collection of knowledge!

I surfed this whole thread and found the bits and pieces I was looking for to attempt to make some homemade vape liquid! Lots of bonuses too, gonna have to make some fun edibles for the wifeypoo… :grin:

I will post some details when I go to make the vape liquid this weekend, just ordered everything I need :+1:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I have decided (after some feedback from people using my salve) that I will be eliminating the THCA (the non-decarboxylated weed). They can’t place their finger on it, but the salve works better without the THCA concentrate.

8 Likes

Probably something along the lines of THCA taking up available receptors once entering the blood that could be otherwise occupied by THC or other cannabinoids that are ready to be processed by the body?

4 Likes

Im doing my QWET washes 2nd filter pass in the freezer. Not sure if it has made too much of a difference yet, I seem to be getting the same ammount of undesirable residues on the coffee filter as when done the last few times not in the freezer :thinking:

1 Like

Heres a jar before the 2nd filter

5 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking…

It takes a long time unless you have a vacuum pump but I use 2 coffee filters

Currently on my 3rd coffee filter run with the extract I want to use for vape oil :grimacing:

7 Likes