Concentrate extractor

I’ve got tons of trim & popcorn buds. I already bought the glass extractor as seen in the pic but what about this vacuum chamber thingy, is it something I need or should invest in?

1 Like

I believe @appleyardjr267 uses the BHO extractor . He likes it I think & since tagged will be along shortly.

2 Likes

I use the very top one. Simple glass tube and coffee filter. Gottq be careful when doing this.

1 Like

What do y’all think of that vacuum chamber thingy?

1 Like

Im not real familiar with it. May be more efficient just costly up front. The tube i ise is perfect for me

Highly recommend to use the vacuum chamber. You don’t need one that tall, but you do need one. I would opt for a heating pad, but not mandatory.

In short, vacuum process extracts the small amount of butane left from the extract. (After the bulk evaporation takes place) Without getting more scientific.
I purge mine for a MINIMUM 48 hours.
I’ll search for the exact one I have, and post a screen shot, as it’s not an approved vendor.

DO NOT EXTRACT INDOORS

3 Likes

Whaccha think of these?

1 Like

If you get it let me know how it works for you. That may end up peeping my interest

1.5 gallon will work, that one comes with a vacuum pump.
When pulling a vacuum, I pull a little, then vent, and repeat, until most of the frothing has slowed.
Don’t forget silicone mats! That stuff is super sticky.

2 Likes

Are you Doin rosin or solvent? You linked a rosin press so.

1 Like

Yah nix the rosin press. I’m just talking about the glass dildo looking thingy & the vacuum chamber

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

K, cuz I’m about to buy a rosin press but I also seen you showing some glass condom. Lol

2 Likes

As a voice of reason I would urge you to reconsider on the open blasting. Yes people do it, but people also burn themselves, blow their homes up, and die doing it. Even a closed loop system is dangerous, but it’s much safer than open blasting. If you don’t have someone to train you properly a rosin press is much better option.

4 Likes

I agree I personally do it inside but I can say for somebody that’s never done it I don’t recommend it and also to know when to take that can out when it’s building pressure cuz once it starts to freeze over and get really cold it builds pressure really quick and can blow up fast

2 Likes

I’ve made wax/concentrates before so I’m quite familiar w’the process I’ve just never used any of those devices to make them.
What do y’all think of using a product called MZ12X Organic Solvent (Dimethyl Ether Formula)
It’s DHO instead of BHO? It’s supposed to be cleaner & safer.

1 Like

I think that ether may purge easier and is less flammable. But talking flash point of -50 vs -60. Both extremely flammable.

1 Like

Yah I read up on that too. But I think the MZ isn’t as combustible as butane.
Also, do y’all grind your weed prior to purging or do y’all use small popcorn buds & trim? I used to put mine in a coffee grinder before.

You can use either you choose. Both are flammable, and this process should only be done OUTSIDE.
I’ve looked at both products, don’t be fooled by the organic label. As long as it’s high quality, unscented butane, it will work. They want your money. Both are still petroleum products, and need to be purged after extraction.

I chop up the flower to about marble sized pieces. I’ve never open blasted, but my runs have been better if the pieces were left somewhat whole. Not saying grinding isn’t the answer, but you may have to experiment a bit to see which way yields the best. A lot of variables there.

1 Like

@DaygoGal420

I have basically that exact vac and chamber

2 Likes

Works great ,be safe and do it outdoors!

1 Like