Compost Tea Questions

@Familyman420 is correct it provides oxygen to the mixture allowing your microbial field to survive the brewing process.

1 Like

That’s pretty cool @Usmcjojo & @Familyman420. I had no idea regarding the Oxygenation of compost teas by use of the bubbler. I guess it’s all about keeping the microbes in the soil happy. Appreciate your response to my question. Thank You.

Follow-up question if I may … just curious, how do the microbes benefit the plant? Promote root growth of the plant maybe?

@nepa the microbes is what actually feed the plant. They take the nutrients we feed the plant and break them down so the plant can uptake them.
The plants actually exude sugars and such to attract microbes. Can’t have one without the other

2 Likes

You are all on the right track! Keep it up, we all need more live soil grows. I just switched (2 years ago) to a live soil hugalcultur, and making teas. The benefits are to much to mention! Aloha

2 Likes

Can you just use normal tea such as discarded tea bags of any type

Question guys. I’m about to try the love soil set up. (No till) what do I need? I have regular organic soil, smart pot (20 gal) 200 wiggles coming in couple days I just need to get my neem kelp and all the other ish. What all do I need and how do I mix it all up to be ready for the worms? HELP!!!

1 Like