Compost Tea questions and discussion

So I’ve purchased that 9 dollar starter pack with the compost tea from Xtreme Gardening and it arrived yesterday. I’m going to be brewing it soon, when is a good time to give it to my plants? Should it be right after I water, in between, before, does it count as a watering per say? If you have any extra tips / info about compost teas please feel free to drop some knowledge for me!

2 Likes

@JaneQP @Storm @MeEasy any of y’all run the Xtreme Gardening compost tea yet? I know Jane got loads of samples from those guys in February. :rofl:

6 Likes

I have not myself. The ED is so easy only thing i add is maybe worm poop and some epsom while recooking. My nutes are all stored on a shelf lol.

2 Likes

Thx for the tag @Graysin

@Sammys It makes a really nice dark brew. I count it as water. I make 5 gallons at time but it doesn’t go far with 12 thirsty girls!

@LiesGrows Have you tried it yet?

3 Likes

Yes and the plants loved it so much i ordered more haha i will say tho it stains anything like a permanent marker haha this was only about a 14hr brew i even added a few tbsp of Boost to make a more nutrient dense brew for the girls

4 Likes

Ive never used the extreme tea starter but i brew tea for my girls. I got a simple recipe from build a soil. Worm poop, molasses and water. I ad some fish and seaweed liquid to the brew with a couple tbs of tm-7. I brew in a 40 gallon garbage can for 12 to 36 hrs depending on my needs. They love it.

1 Like

So I’m a big fan of the xtreme tea, have had some buddies ordered me the free sample and I pay them. I grow in ff soil so around week 10-12 during last flush and use strait water then come back with the tea and normally within a day or 2 so can see ur girls really perk up. Don’t know how much it actually cost but I’m a big fan

3 Likes

How much do you give at once for one plant?

Probably around 1/2 gallon each. When I only had four plants outside they got a thorough watering with tea.

1 Like

Do you PH before or after brewing

I don’t bother testing pH. I figure the microbes will do their job and balance everything out. Everything has been great so far!

3 Likes

Love to hear it :smiley: Thanks, I’m currently dechlorinating outside with a bubbler then I’ll begin brewing probably tomorrow or something. I’ll use it as a regular watering, when you give them the compost do you water till runoff or just enough to hold in. Also do you add molasses or anything to the xtreme packs?

I usually throw in a dollop of molasses or honey in my brew. Reminds me I need to get more brewing this weekend!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the help! Those are all my questions haha, I purchased some molasses and am excited to give this a go

1 Like

You give ur compost tea as a feeding just like a normal watering let ur tea brew for 24 hours then feed it to ur plants

3 Likes