Complete Beginner, Found White On Leafs! Please Help!

A lot of folks put domes (a cut half a pop bottle turned upside down over the seedling) to retain humidity and moisture for the seedling. Seedlings do like a lot of humidity. The plant should be in the highest humidity environment of its lifecycle at the seedling stage (60 - 70% humidity.)

I’ll try to find a pic of one and post it here for you.

1 Like

Re: is it done for? I don’t know. Weed is a very hardy plant and can take a lot of abuse, but they are very vulnerable at the seedling stage. You’re going to have to wait it out and see.

1 Like

I think that’s where I am going wrong. I will try the dome on this plant and see how it goes. I suspect it may die though.

You are handling a very delicate balance here if it is overwatered. I’m not sure I would dome it right now just to give the soil a better chance to dry out if it is truly overwatered. You might want to poke around the surrounding soil an inch or so deep to see how saturated the soil is. If the soil is saturated and that is the problem, then I would take my chances and not dome until the soil dries out a bit. You can supplement humidity with a humidifier to make up for it.

Sorry man. We’re all sad to see not-so-healthy plants.

2 Likes

Do you have a pic under natural light? I’d really hate to be guiding you astray here.

1 Like

Just taken a few photos of the worst looking plants. Havent watered at all today. I believe the white bits in the soil is the Mykos I used when potting them.20191222_125805|500x500

@MidwestGuy

fl

The leaves in this pic appear nute burned. Seedlings are self-sustaining and don’t need any nutes with the cotyledon (little round) leaves. I didn’t catch this in your earlier post. Coco is without nutes, I believe, but it appears to be overdone.

I’d like someone else to weigh in here because I don’t know whether to tell you to flush or to wait it out. We need someone with coco experience here.

The best advice I can give you for the future is not to leave mist on your leaves under the light and to educate yourself on the nute regimen for seedlings in coco. If you are misting with nutes at this stage, then keep in mind that they don’t need it at this point. The first pic you’ve posted this morning shows a fighter, for sure. The second one is struggling.

@MidwestGuy flex

Damm, I was told by someone to include a small amount of nutes! I have made 1litre of PH ready water and included 7ml of the nutes as instructed by the bottle. Then every day I had been giving 4/5 sprays to the soil, probably twice a day if I am honest.
So lessons learnt here, cut back on the watering massively and no nutes!
Thank you again !

I’m confident in my watering volume comments. You might search the site here for coco growers though, as I’m not so sure about when nutes should be introduced. I will say that it shouldn’t be before the cotyledon leaves are expended.

Best of luck to you!

@weednoob No they don’t need nutrients at this stage of their life nor do they need a lot of water either. It does look like the new leaves in the center so far look good.

2 Likes

I grow in coco. I keep my rh around 60 to 70% when in veg and seedling. I use to dome but the water droplets off the dome messed my leaves up all the time. I water every 3 days tell they are about 3 weeks old. Then I water daily. For the first 3 weeks I water lightly in a circle away from the base of the plant. Soon as you water coco the o2 levels go back to at least 30%. Making it very hard to over water in coco. I dont use much nutes tell about 3 weeks too. If I do it is 1/4 strength the first few times to see how she handles it. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Also if you are not using cloth pot or air pots might think about it. They dry much faster and self prune the roots.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this @Axemanjake23 axe
This is very helpful!

1 Like

Awesome! Axeman has your back.

2 Likes

What you have to rememeber is everyone grows a little diffrent. Some do start with nutes some dont, like me. You will develop your own growing techniques and pretty quickly over your next grows. Have fun, don’t stress and ask lots of questions. This place is loaded with good info and good growers. And anytime you can get me or any grower with @. We are all here to help.

2 Likes

Love this forum already mate, had loads of help!

2 Likes

What is a “nute”?

Nutrients - e.g. fertilizers such as nitrogen and potassium.

1 Like

Right, so past two days I’ve let the plants dry out a little. Today I’ve given them all a few ml. No signs of any growth though although I am probably being impatient!
My one little buddy seems like she is on her last legs. If I cut away the bad parts but leave the fairly healthy stem would it grow back or die completely?

1 Like