Competitive Grows

Instead of useing a solo cup and knowing your harvest will suffer, use a one gal smart pot. Thats my personal challenge for myself.

One gallon smart pot
Coco loco
Feed feed water schedule
1-2 weeks veg

Iā€™m in let me know when @garrigan62

2 Likes

@Wishingilivedina420state

I will. i now have you on the list and you will be notified.

Will

2 Likes

You donā€™t think that the challenge of getting a plant all the way to harvest in a small pot would be fun? A one gallon pot isnā€™t going to be a huge yeilder either, and anyone could essentially do that.

I guess a 1 gallon wouldnā€™t be too bad. You just start getting to the point where someone with stronger lighting would have the pot room to take advantage of it. As to where someone with ass kicking lights would have to be very careful not to outgrow their pot too early in a smaller pot

1 Like

:raised_hand: me too - I want in :v: sounds like a fun challenge :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good luck :wink: to all of you

1 Like

Mine are same size too can i get in to

1 Like

So I was think that a one gal smart pot would allow the roots 1000s times more room. With the solo cup root bound will happen in just a few weeks. And the cup will dry out every day after feeding. This is why I want to use coco. In the smart pot. My thinking is that instead of a yeild of say 5-10 grams in solo cup .
The smart pot would go way beyond and allow for a much longer veg as well.

Well I guess I should say that Iā€™m vegging in 1 gal smart pots now. And the results are awesome. What will happen in flower is still yet to be said. But Iā€™m very hopeful of at least a decent harvest.

Saying all that bs I still will and am looking forward to the solo cup challenge. I tried a while back and Iā€™m ready for a rematch as I didnā€™t make it to the end.

1 Like

I have six, 9 day old, white widow auto seeds going. I will be following along. But i dont have enough seeds to spend one in a solo cup. So i wont be able to participate. Mine are going into 3 gal. Airpots x4 and 2xcloth smart pots.Soil is a layer thing. 1inch of volcanic pumic stone, next is DYS supersoil(2.5months cooked), next is living potting soil, plan on making a little pocket at the top to fill with seedling mix and burry my rapid rooter. Thinking day 12-14 they will go in dirt. Under a 400watt mh/hps and a 300watt Hans led . Anyone wants to run a side by side with sim. Sized pots and. Auto flower beans let me know. Id even start a fresh bean so we can start same exact time. Good luck everyone cool idea.
P.s. this is my first indoor grow in over 10yrs. This summer was only second OD grow ever

Instead of 16 oz cups weā€™ll go with any one gal pot of your choosing. But must be
one gal only!

Will

5 Likes

did someone say competition?!!!
iā€™m over 21 lol

3 Likes

To all,

I spoke with Latewood and he seemed good with the idea. But I still need to get his approval on the ILGM Cannabis Cup. If this works out I would love to challenge other forums to a Cannabis Cup grow off. But now iā€™m getting ahead of myselfā€¦lol But boy wouldnā€™t that be interesting ?
But will keep you all informed and so far we have and correct me if iā€™m wrong

In the cup

@GreenThunder

@Caosred

9 Likes

@BIGE

you want in ?

Will

3 Likes

sure,i still have my olā€™jock strap and cup!
in fact i just cracked two ilgm blueberry autos and put them in rapid rooters last night!

1 Like

@BIGE

Then your all set thenā€¦lmao

Will

2 Likes

put me in coach!

1 Like

@BIGE

Sorry about getting back to ya late. But had to reboot my internet modem and i already added you to the cup

Will

1 Like

I sure wish I could have fun and enter the contest but am a few weeks out from final harvest and while hubby has come around on his tolerance for this grow, initially he said " just this one" and then a couple of months ago he said, " maybe you can grow again some time". No holding my breath but want to wait until at least until after the first of the year anyway.

4 Likes

I wasnā€™t trying to change the rules @garrigan62

But seeing how you did just for me Iā€™ll load pics of the 5 GSCX clones asap.
I canā€™t wait letā€™s ge this party started.

2 Likes

I love this idea
Canā€™t join in right now but woohoo how fun would it be to hold a yearly event that we can all plan for @garrigan62
But I will be watching this thread @cyberblast and @Alton66 since it started with you two

7 Likes