Companies will tell you what you want to hear to sell their lights πŸ˜”

Hi everyone :relaxed: I’m a newbie & am still trying to get my s**t together. My Blueberry auto is really stretched. I’m using a HLG 100 from horticulture. Should I move the light closer to the πŸͺ΄? Or should I get another light? If I need another light can someone please give me a suggestion? I’m on a fixed income and do not have a whole lot of money :sleepy:. My long legged lady is 6 wks. Old & it’s in pot4pot soil, & on a 20-4 light schedule. I’m worried about burning her! Please help :pray: :sun_with_face: πŸͺ΄ :heart:

Also I’m thinking about surrounding my girl with mirrors πŸͺž I know some ladies like to look at themselves so I want to keep her :blush:

I’m pretty sure the mirrors will absorb light.
HLG now has a 200 Diablo.
Might want to check that one out.

2 Likes

Will do :+1: I bought two lights & I should have gotten
advice from someone on what they knew would work. I knew I would make mistakes! But this one was pretty stupid. I’m gonna wait until I know I have the right setup before I try again. Thank you for help!!

Putting some mylar or flat white paint on the walls will help reflect some light to the plant the plant doesn’t look too bad looks pretty good actually a little better set up would go a long ways though with some reflective coating on the walls hlg does have great lights that 200 is sweet

5 Likes

JJ520 you just made my day!! Thank you! I have dashboard sun reflectors & will surround her with that until I can do a proper upgrade. My next purchase will be a light, then a tent. Thank you EVERYONE for your feedback. I’m learning allot here on this forum. I have a long way to go, you all make it look easy but it can be a little overwhelming! I never realized there was so much to know about growing a weed. :sun_with_face: πŸͺ΄ :heart:

5 Likes

Home Depot sells 1" aluminized Styrofoam in 4 X 8 sheets that you can cut with a steak knife and tape with duct tape. One side is white too. You can construct as elaborate a box as you want, cut out for fans/ventilation (save the cutouts and glue back if you want to move them somewhere else).

12 Likes

Depends on how far it is now. 18 inches or so above tallest flower is where I would start.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone again :heart: I’ll keep reading & learning & give an update in about a week :grinning:

4 Likes

Drop that light down to 12 inches, if it gets to hot raise, lower the light better light penetration, also check out photone app. Help fail in your DLI

1 Like

Thank you!! Will do

The HLG 100 is a solid light but is more often used for seedlings and early veg. Based on the distance between nodes, the light should have been lower when she was younger.
These blueberry autos were one of my early attempts. I don’t think the bigger one was much over 20"

I have a few HLG 260s that I hang at about 20". After 6 weeks of flower I raise them a couple of inches.

2 Likes

:ok_hand: wow! I wish mine looked like that. Thanks for the reply :sun_with_face: πŸͺ΄ :heart:

1 Like

These plants can take a lot of light. I mean - a lot of light. My HLGs are capable of 250W no problem at 20". I also have a sonofarm SF4000 with 400 watts. I run that at 22" full power over a 2x2 area. Notice how the leaves are turned up. It is a positive indication they are soaking up the light

So, 100 watts will not burn them up. Drop the light down and watch the tips of the upper most leaves. If it is too much light they will tell you. You want the buds to pack tightly together.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you Beardless!! I have it at 12" now. Should I try to bring in the nodes some to get the bud’s closer? Thank u for your help :+1:

Light intensity and height plays a major role in node spacing. The lower and more intense the light is the tighter the spacing will be. The distance already established won’t shrink but new growth will be tighter because of the lowered height of the light.

3 Likes

by closer together, do you mean keep the light close as possible? So it doesn’t stretch like it did?

1 Like

Sorry! I didn’t see that post! Thank you :blush:

I will definitely use your advice!! I’ll post an update in about a week. Thanks again Brother! I was getting down about her not looking like I thought she would, but now I don’t feel so bad.

1 Like

No problem. It looks like she is around two weeks into flower so most of the stretch is over. What stretch is left, although not a lot, will be under better conditions. See if can see a difference between the new growth vs the old. Tag me when you post some new one is a week or so.