Come with me on a journey we love to call “grow”

Thank you for the tag. I grew a bag seed one time that reminded me a lot of Lemon Haze. We called it Sour Bud from the bag we had, not knowing the strain.

Turned out to be an auto. Pleasant surprise…

1 Like

Only been a couple days but here’s a quick update. Took the family to the nursery today and spent too much money as always when I’m there. The little one got a nice golden barrel cactus for a hardy first plant. My fiancé picked out a tortuga wind hibiscus. And I’ve got a little herd garden going now. It’s pineapple sage which smells exactly like fresh pineapple it’s pretty amazing. As well as Italian oregano, Greek columnar basil, and prostrate rosemary. All of which will be in the tent for a few weeks until the midwestern weather decides to finally normalize. It snowed a few days ago and was 80 today to give ideas of what I mean. Also noticed the “lemon haze” had a few roots showing so it is now in its forever home. Also ordered the humidifier and ph/ppm testers that @Countryboyjvd1971 recommend they will be here Saturday. Thanks for the help on that. Here’s a pic of the tent right now.

4 Likes

GARDEN UPDATE

well my new humidifier was delivered and is now pumping out some moist air. Also checked the p.o. box and was greeted by the beautiful sight of a beginner mixpack. So there will be three new ladies for the garden shortly. The ph/ppm testers should arrive today also. Don’t know if they were coming by usps or a different carrier so hopefully they didn’t get lost or something. Will have pictures this evening when I get time to actually open up the tent and do some work in there.
@FloridaSon @Sasquatch @garrigan62 @Hogmaster @Countryboyjvd1971 @BIGE @raustin @Myfriendis410

7 Likes

GARDEN UPDATE

It’s been a few days. Had a long week at work this week. But everyone in the tent is doing great it seems like. All three of the ilgm girls have sprouted and are growing strong. The bubblegum did have a much slower sprouting rate as you can see in the picture. But after doing some research on it this seems to be kinda common with this strain so I’m not overly concerned. But I’ve decided to baby them a bit more than the bagseed “lemon haze” when it comes to the soil. I’m thinking a 1 to 1 mix of happy frog and ocean forest and adding 8 qt of perlite for good measure. I think that mix shouldn’t be too hot. The happy frog will help mellow out the ocean forest a bit I’m hoping. Because it’s definitely hotter than I realized. I had my first good watering on the lh bagseed last night before bed. The run off ph was at 5.02 so that scared me a bit honestly. But the plant doesn’t have any signs of burn or anything and is still bushing out nicely so I really don’t know what to do about it or if I should even worry about it right now. As you can tell it’s in full veg now and seems to be growing fine. But I want to be more careful with the ilgm girls. All anything in the tent has gotten is the ocean forest and water at 6.6 ph. I would love some input on the soil mix I’m making as well as the concerns about the run off ph level for the bagseed. Or if I should even worry right now because it was the first watering to the point of running off anyway. Well enough rambling right now here’s what the tent is looking like right now.

@Sasquatch @Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 @BIGE @raustin @Hogmaster @FloridaSon @garrigan62 @Myfriendis410

9 Likes

you need to bring your ph up… that is way to low for soil.

2 Likes

Looking good and bg is up and out so thats a good sign too
Looks like the sprouts are streaching a bit so getting light a bit closer would help that also put a stick in pots to help support them
I agree on raising the ph also 6.3 6.8 is your range
Keep up the good work

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 I dropped the light down last night when the light came back on. So I’m hoping that fixes it. They didn’t seem to stretch last night just bent towards the light more than anything. So after the picture I turned them around to keep them moving. To raise the ph level do I just flush with 6.6 or so ph water and if so how much water to use for seven gallon pots. I’m always concerned about over watering and drowning even in the fabric pots. So it just makes me nervous I don’t like stress on them unless it’s like lst or something along those lines.

What was the ph in last watering ? @Shwiftyrick90

Last water was last night ph it to 6.6 right before watering.

1 Like

I see it was 6.6 and run off was 5.02
I would raise my ph in to 7 even and water till you get run off about 20% of what you put in
The test and see where your at
How much run off did you get last check

2 Likes

I only gave it about 3/4 of a gallon of water and got back probably around 6 oz or so from run off.

1 Like

Water with a full gallon of water at 6.8 ph test run off and let me know you may not have ran enough water threw to get accurate reading
What size pots again @Shwiftyrick90
Fyi i change ph in because im nit sure if you got a accurate reading last time
I would normally never tell you to ph over 7 anyway

1 Like

I’m honestly hoping that the soil mix I’m wanting to do will greatly help alleviate this issue for the ilgm girls. I’m hoping to get that done and ready today. Just gotta go to the nursery and pick up more supplies. I’m using the green seven gallon hongville fabric pots off amazon.

1 Like

I agree, looking good!

If you continue to have some issues with low ph, you could probably sprinkle a couple tablespoons of powdered dolomite lime as a top dress.

2 Likes

Perfect
I love the cloth pots

1 Like

Oh and apparently I got the new user of the month award this month. I’m not sure what exactly that means but I always appreciate an award for garden work. Thank you very much ilgm. And how do I put a picture on my profile instead of just an S or can I do that with my trust level on my account? @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Let me look you should be able to edit profile even as a basic user hive me one min @Shwiftyrick90

1 Like

Ok so you to your
Profile page @Shwiftyrick90
Select sproket button chose prefrence
Frim there you should be able to post a picture and edit a proflle
The new member of a month award is just badge lol collect enough and trust levels go up
You can review all that from profile page as well

1 Like

To get there click on your icon picture
then when your screen names appears click that

1 Like

Ok I think I got it. I’m not good with technology even though only being 28 I really should be better considering I’ve been surrounded by it my whole life. But anyway I used an old picture of my dad when he was about 18 or 19. Didn’t think a pic of me was the best idea lol. He passed away when I was seven. But I still remember him very well. He was one of the best men anyone ever knew and would do anything he could for anyone. All of his best friends from high school are my “aunts and uncles” and I’m told that I’m just like him a lot. He may have even been more like 17 or 18 in the picture. Thank you once again @Countryboyjvd1971