Come grow with me by HCG (week 4 and on)

Yup you’ve been going long and hard for days. @highcountrygal. Get some good rest tonight.

1 Like

@mulegal I am about there, you have a restful night as well. I will yak at you later

You’re on your way to becoming a Dutch Master…Masteress?..Mistress?..doesn’t matter. The Dutch, Flemish and French painters of long ago would begin with a sketch, followed by a monochrome underpainting called a “dead layer”(like your photos) and then color, many thin layers of transparents and opaques, like your pencils. You have a real knack for choosing your colors…beautiful work!

1 Like

Why don’t you…their yours.

1 Like

Good Morning! @DieHigh55! Thank you! I miss my art so much, that was one thing I could always do, and now I am not able to. I might try again but I am afraid that I would disappoint myself, I can be hard on myself when I don’t want to. I also like your explanation of what it is I do! You’ve given me some inspiration to think about it. I know I am overloading everyone with my stuff but it just sits in my closet. I will show the animals today.

I just completed what the camera didn’t show.:slight_smile:

Hell, no! Art, like knowledge, is meant to be shared otherwise it’s worthless. I’ve seen a some unfinished works by Rubens and a.few others where you can see how he built up his colors from the monochrome layer…very interesting. I use the same method, it’s very slow but I love the results afterwards.

1 Like

@DieHigh55 Here comes the animals!

@mulegal @Myfriendis410 @raustin @BIGE @FloridaSon @DieHigh55 @elheffe702 @Happy_Pappy @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower et al

Here are the creatures!

I think they would look better if I didn’t crop them. Too much paper texture shows up. Okay I am off to check the transplants and the almost readies!

8 Likes

so pretty @highcountrygal great work dear!

1 Like

Gorgeous!

My mom and dad lived in L.A. before the war and my dad was a “Kidnapper” which was a term for a child photographer. They used to sit at the kitchen table and colorize portraits for $.10 per picture. This was around 1939/

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 Thank you! It was a dying art but has been revived, sorta. But that is exactly what it is. They are much better than the uploads are in real time.

2 Likes

@highcountrygal your dock picture reminds me of an Alaskan version, with less dock, but more lake. Can’t name the lake, but it’s very similar, but with a lot more trees. I’ll see if I can find the picture.

1 Like

Okay, can’t find it, so I’ll have to go there in a few weeks. Lol. @highcountrygal

Very nice work @highcountrygal. Your pics keep reminding me of pics of my own.

The last pic of lake surrounded by rocky peaks made me think of this spot up in the Trinities

4 Likes

Mornin’ @mulegal It very well could be because these are photos, I thought one I did or have looks like Tahoe. Is that you? That could so be me sitting there. Ya know I was adopted lol. All transplants survived. I am going to pull it together to go get batteries, such a pita (pain in the arse) it takes forever. I am going to go do that then come home for the second yard run. If I do for one I have 16 others as well so it takes time.

Good luck on going to town for batteries. I often find it a pita to have to go to town and navigate stores and traffic and musak and such.

Ya that’s me in pic. Amazing to have someone else along with camera! Usually all my mtn pics are scenery and friends…I’m the camera ghost most times.

1 Like

Love the tigers eyes and the bridge. Really well done!applauding
How big are these?

2 Likes

Your Quakie pics from yesterday really caught my eye. I love them.

Here is a pic taken from the saddle, of a black bear signature on a couple quakies.

3 Likes

Lol@the Monty Python ladies

1 Like