Come grow with me by HCG (week 4 and on)

I’m just glad I could help! @highcountrygal

1 Like

an abundance of nutz here at ilgm! lol

5 Likes

Nah @BIGE we are all budding flowers… harhar.

3 Likes

fruit wafers…lol
my after nap entertainment today is a puppy trying to figure out the screen door…lol
i leave a portion of the door open for access to potty …lol

4 Likes

Wow, very nice stuff @highcountrygal. All these talented folks here. Very impressive

Sun is up and the wind is down this morning. Yay

1 Like

@Covertgrower I just came back in from the morning ‘hoverover’ and noticed all 4 of them are foxtailing, those hot dayz and the past week cold, hot. Great lesson!

1 Like

Please 'splain this to me Popeye. What is foxtailing? @Covertgrower and @highcountrygal. Good? Bad? or just different?

1 Like

You are so talented! Those could be in a gallery. Beautiful!!

2 Likes

Good mornin’ @mulegal I had to ask for help on here yesterday because I was seeing something I had never seen before. The Chuckies Goo oddball. The calyx’s were opening up and sending new white pistols out. So @Covertgrower found a pic of foxtailing which looked like mine. I read about it and through CG learned it could be genetic or a reaction to heat stress etc. trying to keep growing. Well last week it was 101 and 60 yesterday. That heat wave caused it. So I went out this morning and they are all doing it the 4. Won’t hurt anything. Scroll up my journal and you will see his example from yesterday.

Okay I have been reading up on sexing, have been giving Open Sesame’ to the 7 and according to what I read I should be able to start sexing them. So I went and ‘spread their legs’ so to speak and by gawd I am pretty sure I have 4 F and 3 males. I won’t do anything yet and give them another day or so, but keep checking frequently just in case.

2 Likes

Good Morning. Glad the foxtailing won’t hurt anything. Isn’t this forum the Best? So much help and support. Ya 101* to 60* is pretty much for them to tolerate huh? haha

Sunny here today but feels dang cold. For 2 days now I’m chilled. Need to eat some protien I think.

Good idea to apply the Open Sesame to force them to present themselves. Not sure if I should say Yay, or Bah about the 3 males…but I’
ll go with Yay, since you have quite the forest to care for this summer . :laughing:

And forcing the females early like that won’t interfere with their veg period? Won’t speed them up or anything?

Harvest in your sights soon HCG??? I am anxious for you …

Was in town yesterday and I bought some canning jars :hushed:
just a few pints…Don’t want to get crazy here. hahaha

Big can of mixed nuts!

2 Likes

@mulegal you are so funny! Oh I found the pic of the hanging bud dryer I was trying to tell you about

you can use all or one.
I think the container says to start early, and it worked on something else I cannot remember currently, I wanted to force growth for sexing and it has worked, what I read said you should be able to tell at 7 weeks. There is one I am iffy about but maybe later today I’ll be able to. That would take care of the 4 other big buckets.
It’s sunny and warm but not hot, were getting rain Thursday The tomatoes are getting huge and the cherry tomato is full of little green tomatoes. The Purple Cherokee is loaded with flowers. BTW if you grow tomatoes add gypsum every so often it helps prevent bottom end rot.

I’ll try to post more pics, the animals and other stuff.

1 Like

@elheffe702 yeah! a lot of peek ons, wall nutz and hashews.

1 Like

@mulegal this is to dry the buds after trimming.

Okay, @highcountrygal, I have flushed again with 2 gallons of PH water with a good bit of gypsum
dissolved in. Let us see what happens during this next week.

1 Like

A lot heavier huh! I bet she was so thirsty. Keep me up

1 Like

I’ve also mixed my FFOF, bag of perlite and of course, an extra big helping of gypsum. I’m a little better prepared for this grow. I kept the seedling and she has already shown her second set of baby leaves. I think this older plant is gonna do better than it looks. Her buds are healthy and are getting bigger. :grinning:
@highcountrygal, @raustin, @MattyBear, @Myfriendis410, @elheffe702,

4 Likes

Out of likes :+1: :v:

2 Likes

@Happy_Pappy I’m tellin’ that stuff works! Hard to convince people, but when I do!

1 Like

We’re gonna see. I don’t know what to make of the younger generation. We’ll make a believer out of 'em.

1 Like