Come grow with me by HCG (week 4 and on)

@highcountrygal you can put them at whatever hieght you need and set screen higher to compensate fir the hight of the plants
screen would be about face high
just dont make one deeper then you arms and have access from 4 sides i had a big screen you dont have to go that big

@Countryboyjvd1971 For each plank (4 1/2’) I have to be able to have min. 3 plants, 4 if I wind up with more than 8-10 plants I am in deep doodoo. I have no clue what I am going to do with that many. If I wasn’t in a wheelchair I wouldn’t hesitate, but things are a tad bit different and perspective. Ah the sun just came out! It’s difficult to move them around when tall, but bushy? You should have seen me trying to move and lower my 7’ tall BTY, on my lap. I was so scared!

1 Like

You can make a screen what wver size you needed to but i do understand tha Bsounds scary actually

@Countryboyjvd1971 this is a good idea of what I and how I do it.

And these had a long way to go.

This probably 6 feet around when done.

4 Likes

I am amazed at how much you’re able to do in your wheelchair. I have a bad back and I can’t do half as much as you do.

1 Like

@raustin A patient broke my back in '87 and ruptured L4-5 S1 had surgery went right back to work, I broke my hip in’15 and that didn’t heal because of an old horseback riding wreck. I died twice when I was on chemo, was in a coma for 11 days, dealt with bladder cancer got over that and was just getting able to garden again after 3 yrs when I fell and broke my hip, there is not a thing in this world that can stop me from being in the garden, best reason to live for and I am thankful for that. I am a tough old bird!

4 Likes

You are one tough broad!

I want to say it’s around post 145. I’ll look.

edit: start at post #130 and it will give you pictures and a bill of materials. I’ve seen many using similar but put in screws instead of drilling a hole through the pvc. If you do that it tightens the screen up really well.

1 Like

Many thanks @Myfriendis410 . Saves me much scrolling.

Over your pot, what height for screen over soil?

Know anyone who scrogged over plant in ground? Not sure what height to aim for …2’ above ground level?

It probably depends greatly on when you start training it. Mine seem to like being at around 24 or 25" from the ground. Buds will stand proud of that by 3 or 4" so 30" all up? I don’t see why you couldn’t SCROG an outside plant; just anchor the four points in the ground.

However: you might be better off just doing tie downs and manually spread it so it grows tall AND wide.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. @Myfriendis410 Yes lots of ideas rolling through my mind about this upcoming summer :grinning:

25’’ would be a comfortable height to sit and tuck I think. :+1:

3 Likes

@mulegal @raustin @garrigan62 @merlin44 @FloridaSon @Countryboyjvd1971 @TDubWilly @Growit @McB et al

It’s the end of the day and I went outside to zip up the green house and the sun was getting lower and I couldn’t resist
Catching the warmth of the days last sunshine

This bud’s for you!

and this one

and this one

and this one

and this one

A six pack plus one!

11 Likes

Wow, you are going to have a great harvest! I can’t wait!

1 Like

@raustin I think things are starting to quicken up. I should have a couple a good pipes full! Not bad for a winters’ work!!

1 Like

Oh everyone looks so good…just bursting. Once at this stage how much longer do you think? 1 week? 2…3…Just wondering as I don’t know.

They do look great HCG I say your winter grow is a Go :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m glad you clarified it was the mother plant that died…:cry:I totally started tearing up @Countryboyjvd1971 's post…:rofl:

3 Likes

Great job @highcountrygal! They look fabulous.

1 Like

No @raustin i was actually referring to my Mother sorry i just saw your post :disappointed:

4 Likes