Come grow with me by HCG (week 4 and on)

Looks like then enjoyed the rain a bit

1 Like

Okay I give up what the heck is a scrog?? Anyone everyone

1 Like

A SCROG is just a screen or net you put over the plant so the plant grows into it. As the branches grow through the screen you tuck them under so that eventually the entire screen is filled. SCROG stands for SCReen Of Green.

1 Like

@raustin So I would lay the screen over the bucket before plant gets big? and how does it stay in place?

Well, i think your plants might be too big to try a SCROG now, but you would have to make a frame for the screen to sit about 15 inches above the soil. Also, the plant needs to be topped or fimmed so that there are more branches to tuck in into the screen. The idea is that every branch that is tucked is a bud site and all those buds get equal amounts of light.

Morning!! Your girls look as though they kind of enjoyed the rain. They look so healthy. Mine stayed in cold frame overnight in a windy rainy storm. She looks happy still. I’ll post to my grow.

That’s a huge number of plants to care for @highcountrygal…full time job for sure. You be ready to open High Country Dispensary… :open_mouth:

Scrog is something I’m going to try with my summer Jack Herer’s to control the height somewhat and open them up to more light. I started my scrog frame yesterday. I’ll try to finish it up and get pics today. My build came from ideas from @Myfriendis410. He has some good pics of his plants in the scrog frames in his back yard. Wish I knew the post # to refer you to. One frame per each plant and adjustable height made of pvc.

Scrog might be time consuming so I’ll only try 2. Once summer irrigation and hay season gets going full on, I’m like a bee in a field of wildflowers…buzzy, buzzy, buzzy

1 Like

I’m not familiar with her plants, but as long as they aren’t flowering, supercropping first with the screen placed over the top could be a viable option.

1 Like

I think she’s flowering. Are you flowering, @highcountrygal? It would have to be a very tall frame to SCROG those current plants.

2 Likes

As long as the branches haven’t hardened off, it could be done. Once they harden, the option is out.

1 Like

Probably best to try it out with the babies that she has just sprouted. They are just growing into their formative days :wink:

2 Likes

I agree with @mulegal
Normally a scrog screen is set about 25 inches off ground and pot put under the screen
And allowed to grow up into screen
Im hoing to tag you into my grow from last summer @highcountrygal i have a 8x4 foot screen filled out with one plant
Unfortunately i lost the harvest to bud rot or 80% of it :disappointed::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: bud tot
I think youd like the scrog technique
And being out it that CA sun :sun_with_face: woohoo

2 Likes

Yeah, you should definitely try it on your summer grow. You get to spend lots of quality time with your girls - I think you’d love it.

2 Likes

I tagged you into my grow from last summer as well it was a pretty site before the bud rot @raustin
Had a top screen ready and everything lol

1 Like

Yeah, I see! OMG! All those beautiful plants! Damn bud rot! :angry: That must’ve been devastating. I would be crying.

1 Like

@raustin I wasn’t happy but thats life
Actually end of lastbyear wasn’t good i lost my mother as well so the indoor crop suffered too she got sick in October and passed away in November and i away with her blah blah blah
So i had a bad harvest there as well
Im so looking forward yo my upcoming harvest in a month or less i have 12 plants going so :+1::wink:

Ok, you mean your mother plant, LOL, not your actual mother. Lol. My condolences. I’ve never done an outdoor grow, but I always thought it was easier than indoor. I guess being at the mercy of mother nature is never easy.

2 Likes

Hey @Countryboyjvd1971 could you tag me into that grow also? I’m planning a scrog too. Thanks

1 Like

@raustin Not for now for summer. But looking at @Countryboyjvd1971 I don’t think it would work for me. Not that I couldn’t, I just don’t have the room, I have to put everything lap high so I have to put them on planks on bricks. That limits my space and vertical gives me more room. I also have to be able to pick them up and move them if necessary. Dang, oh well I know what it is now.

1 Like

Already done @mulegal
It drops you into the wnd if the theead but if you scroll up youll see all tbe good pictures :wink:

@raustin Yes I am flowering and so are the girls!!

1 Like