Come grow with me by HCG (week 4 and on)

I wasn’t sure if it was a photo, or an auto. I swear it was a photoperiod. But @timmyv324 had me second guessing, and thought he caught something I missed.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 Thank you. I would say the budlet wanna bees are real close to that. I am out there with them most of the day so I have at least one eye on them at all times. Because the last 4 days the weather has been perfect things are changing rapidly. Ie 4 days ago #3 was thought to be a male, however the day after that she started showing pistils and, the one I think may be in flower is #3. Not much escapes my vigilance!!! LMAO

2 Likes

@Covertgrower If it’s going to be weird it will be mine! I ended up with 6 gals and 2 ‘no-mores’. That is the same ratio I had last summer :woman_farmer:t4:

1 Like

Pre-flower is usually recognized as being around two weeks.

Find out when your latitude reaches 12 hours of light. Two weeks from now until that point will give you an idea of how much flowering time you have.

You go back to veg after that point…

4 Likes

@FloridaSon June 21 the 1st day of summer, I am not sure I understand what you mean? I am just wondering if I start to see little budlets starting to show is that considered turning from veg into flower. I planted on 1/13, hatched 1/17, transplanted into 3 gal pot on 1/23, are currently just showing their sex (6 girls), it’s my first winter grow and I don’t have any reference points to go by. :confounded:

1 Like

I was referring to the Spring equinox. We we get back to 12hrs of light. You will continue in the flowering cycle until then.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I appreciate the input, but that date is generalized for the northern hemisphere.

Somewhere in all these posts is a link to a site for finding the specific date for a specific latitude.

Perhaps @majiktoker could remember that conversation.

2 Likes

Yea northern is march 20th I believe southern hemisphere is a little later through the season I believe April or may 20th for the southern hemisphere

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Somebody may have had too much to smoke.

There was a topic where a conversation led to a link on equinox times for specific locations. I don’t remember if it was NASA or a military site, but…

I’ll see if my connection will allow me to search for it…

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/march-equinox.html&ved=0ahUKEwiV-tvh58jZAhXJlVQKHasrA3AQFggqMAI&usg=AOvVaw3nqB76o4SNEGG43GIpM4gL

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/aa_durtablew.pl?form=1&year=2016&task=-1&state=FL&place=Gainesville

This page was for my area. I tried to go back to the original form for filling out what location, but it wouldn’t work for me for some reason.

I couldn’t find the post that took me to the form, but maybe if I can search the link address here it might show it. I don’t know.

Thanks for your help @Majiktoker

1 Like

Not a problem @FloridaSon happy to help out

1 Like

Yeah I am curious about this too @highcountrygal. So the spring equinox in your area occurs on March 20 at 9:14 am. This has to do with the angle of the earth’s equator to the orbit around sun I think. On this day the angle is 0, and begins to move into it’s summer stance from here on, which is closer and more direct sunlight. The spring equinox does not change the hours of sunlight but the intensity…if I understand properly. March 19 you get 12 hrs 6 mins, march 20 you get 12 hrs 10mins, march 21 you get 12 hrs 10 mins and on and on longer every day until the summer solstice .

June 21 is the summer solstice and the days sunlight hours begin to get shorter although the intensity is still strong due to the earths angle in rotation.

I would think that your plants would have a super long veg until fall as the light keeps getting longer and stronger. Then flower same as a summer plant as determined by hours of sunlight.

But if your plants are beginning to flower now? I don’t get it. Will they go back to veg? can a plant flower for 6 months??? hahahaha

jeesh, this is over my head. Thanks for asking the question HCG, it would never have occured to me otherwise.

4 Likes

@mulegal Good mornin’! I don’t have a clue what they are talking about! Remember the book "Women are from Venus,Men are from Mars. This is a prime example lmao. Yesterday I asked ‘does my girl look (operative word) like she is in the flowering stage vs veg’, I don’t know where or what was everyone into? (I know I’d like to try that strain!) And it carried on all day! I just sat back and cracked up!
So I took another pic and I am going to ask the same question, I know the answer by this mornings inspection.

1 Like

@FloridaSon @TDubWilly @Majiktoker @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @mulegal

Good morning my friends! Thank you all for your hard work researching all the info you did! Okay I am going to pose the question again (I already know the answer lol) Does my gal look (operative word) like she is in flowering stage vs veg?)

3 Likes

@highcountrygal It certainly looks like the beginning of flowering to me.:+1::ok_man::sunglasses:

I frequently experience folks (in real life) answering a totally different question than the one posed. I don’t get it either (and I’m from Mars), although there are those that assert that I am from “way out there”.:rofl:

3 Likes

She’s flowering!!!

1 Like

That’s what it looks like from that viewpoint. @highcountrygal

1 Like

@merlin44 It happens to me all the time!

1 Like