Come grow with me by HCG (week 4 and on)

@mulegal Mornin’! Sorry for what? I think I was born in the wrong time, when people are selling farms and moving to the cities, I would be moving to a farm. I don’t ask much just 5 acres, pine trees, a barn and pre-existing fencing. A log cabin with a big veranda, a rocking chair and a view down green pastures to the little creek…!

3 Likes

Wow @highcountrygal i take a few days off lol took me about 20 minuets to read through your thread hahaha
Slow down girl your making the rest of us look bad hahaha
Keep uo the good work hcg

3 Likes

I also worked on a farm as a teenager, but in New Jersey. It was the best job I ever had. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Morning @highcountrygal Boy Howdy. My partner always told me I was born 100 years too late.

Once we figured it was time to move on our (my) dream, my only requirements were a barn, irrigation, fencing and pasture. I didn’t care one hoot what the house was like. It was pretty rough around the edges 20 years ago, but today it’s home with a capital H.

Sun and still this morning. Chilly but looks promising for an outdoor day.

2 Likes

@mulegal The house never wasa a worry to me as long as I had a kitchen and a place to sleep! Sun was just out, we had a good soaking rain so I am going to see if I can open up the green house.

Yup @raustin, that job influenced my entire life.

And now here I am growing a ‘new’ crop! hahahaha

2 Likes

@mulegal @raustin I grew up surfing in the Pacific Ocean, no where near a farm!

1 Like

Surfing!!! Wow, now that is a world I know nothing about.

2 Likes

@mulegal You couldn’t get me in the ocean today, I watch too many Planet Earth’s. lol Yeah I was part fish!

2 Likes

Let’s just say swimming is not my strongest skillset. I can dog paddle around in a Mountain lake to wash the dust off, but no gills on this girl hahahaha

1 Like

@garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Myfriendis410 @merlin44 @Growit @FreakyDeekie @FloridaSon @timmyv324 and every one else

I have a question :bulb: at what point do I say going into flowering? #3 is starting to get bunched up white hairs and tiny leaves (no not a male). It looks like when buds start to form on my summer grow. Is it too early for this stage? Thank you all!

From yesterday.

@highcountrygal I do a combination of light schedule change and the first sign of pistols. If you harvest based on trichomes you’ll have a better idea of the harvest window. Keeping track of both the lighting schedule, and the first sign of pistols you’ll at least have a window when to track trichomes more closely.

1 Like

Shoot should have been clearer. Preflowers during the veg period doesn’t count. Only when the flowering process begins. @highcountrygal

1 Like

@Covertgrower Thank you! I think what I am trying to ask is, would, at this point, she be considered in the flowering stage vs veg? I am so used to summer grows but this winter thing is confounding me because I am lost, things happen too quickly.

I would have to say yes but I’m not familiar with autos but once flowers appear that usually means it’s flower time. Should do good with the light increasing right now I would think

2 Likes

If it’s auto and not a photoperiod, when you first see pistols I believe is when you should count. Autos are their own monster. @highcountrygal

2 Likes

@timmyv324 Surprise, surprise it’s not an auto it’s a seed I planted from one of last summers grow! 2nd generation seed. I’ve been putting them in the sun everyday for as long as possible.

1 Like

Normal indoor transition for photos is 10 to 14 days depending on how you come down on your flowering light schedule. Obviously an outdoor grow and autos are different in that regard. I would have to say to look at the overall aspect of the plant because it decidedly changes; you’ll get a push of new growth with pistils in the center. When you have pretty much full coverage on your tops is when I would call it in flower. It works out the same but good note taking and careful attention will give you a pretty good number.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower She has y’all fooled! She’s a second generation seed from last summer. I started to see pistols 2 days ago and today they have doubled, it’s raining so I can’t get a pic yet.

1 Like