Come grow with me by HCG (week 4 and on)

I know this is a new topic, however this will be the where to find my journal in one place. Didn’t realize this should have been done from the start. Hopefully I can learn and share with others. My style is different but that’s what makes a journal important, and allows for an eclectic look on things. I grow outside in as natural setting as possible. Water, food and sunlight. So join me in my adventure, add what you need and take away what you can. Remember there is no right or wrong if it works for you. There is no such thing as a ‘stupid’ question, if you don’t know ask! :woman_farmer:t4:

A little weather fact: Did you know that crickets regulate the rhythm of their chirps based on the temperature outside? To convert cricket to Fahrenheit count the number of chirps you hear in 14 seconds and then add 40. Found to be accurate with in a degree or two. :owl:

23 Likes

Can’t wait to follow along :pig:

2 Likes

Awesome. I’m ready for the ride too , I’ll have to try the crickets. Lol cool

2 Likes

I remember a more difficult formula from my childhood but can’t recollect it now.

If you wish to alert folks to a new post you can list their handle with the @sign in front, up to 10 per post. With that in mind; tag me in? :blush:

I’m an indoor grower with play days outside lol. I’m up by Vandenberg Air Force Base.

4 Likes

This is very cool. This spring/summer I will put this to the test :slight_smile: Neat factoids like this really give me some spark it feels like warmness inside me :blush: kind of like a hope for humanity. (weird i kno) must be a hipster thing

4 Likes

Following @highcountrygal. Can’t wait to see you do your thang!

1 Like

@AmnesiaHaze Me too and I know a bunch. I’ll keep adding them :woman_farmer:t4:

1 Like

@highcountrygal
can i ask why you start a new thread every week instead if just using one thread ???
It gets very hard to follow your progress when you do this and it frowned upon :wink::wink:
@Hogmaster anyway we can get them all in one place

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I know and I am sorry, I just now found out how so that’s why I started the new post yesterday that is where I will stay from now on. I only have a question, I want to post today but where or how do I add to yesterdays post so it is continuous? HELP please and thank you. @Hogmaster you took the words right outta my head. :woman_farmer:t4: :peace_symbol:

Thanks @highcountrygal
Let me see if i can get @garrigan62 to maybe relocate the threads into one
But you can search the thread name if you remember it or do a search from your profile
Just tap your icon and then tap tou user name
Then go to activity and a drop down menu appers choose summary
And got to summary and find top topics all your topics will be listed there and then click on the thread name

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 AHHHH SUMMM I hate not being organized! Do I need to fill out a ‘support’ thing?

Not unless your having a ussue we need to help with @highcountrygal give us a little while to figure this out

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 Absolutely just let me know when I can post without upsetting the apple cart!

1 Like

A big thank you to all who are helping me get my journal together in one place! @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster and every one else.

WEEK 4 activity: I want to try to pull this journal together, so I am going to put everything in a fun filled novel for your pleasure.
Strains I am currently growing:
Purple Dragon Green Dragon x Mendo Montage
The Exorcist, seeds I, II, III
Chuckies Goo Fem. from my '17 grow Chucky x Gorilla Glue #4
Loose seed from my '17 grow most likely Space Terror II
Space Terror I Fem. from my '17 grow Deep Space x Night Terror
Chuckies Goo Fem. from 17 grow
and a baby as well.
Wk. 4 pics

I will update pics every week in the same order, so their progress can be seen.

Grow season will be here sooner than later, and for me no planning is always either a financial disaster, or a rush job. I have been gathering my ‘ammunition’, enough for hopefully 6-8 buckets but will fill 10 5 gal. (she’s got high hopes) buckets. Please if you have any questions, comments, the more the merrier. In this pic I have soils and amendments, worm castings, gypsum, Monterey BT and Super Thrive.

Whew I think I am caught up for now. I did Super Thrive the sproutlets today. Weather still unbelievably conducive to growth. Namaste all! :woman_farmer:t4: :peace_symbol:

14 Likes

You go Girl! :grin:

2 Likes

P1010298P1010299P1010300P1010302P1010303P1010305 I am now starting a picture journey of my 1st winter grow, I hope. It will be an outside grow with the help of a greenhouse. On 1/13 I planted 10 my seeds and put them on my new seed warmer pad, not knowing what to expect. On 1/17 they popped up all but 2, so I will start with 8. Over the next few days I set them in the sun until sundown, they were tall and ‘willowy’ but perky and holding their own. Today, 1/23/18, I transplanted all 8 into 3 gal pots and they are on the countertop until the morning. After I download the pics I’ll continue…

24 Likes

All out of likes, but I like this and am following.

4 Likes

@highcountrygal, look how organized everything looks.

4 Likes

Back again! 1. All tucked in and ready to grow. 2. Beautiful oranges from my tree, Exorcist I, Chuckies Goo A-2 (my feminized seed from this yr, 2nd of 2 that sprouted), Exorcist III (3 sprouted). 3. Exorcist II, Purple Dragon and a feminized unk., it was loose in my seed box 4. The sproutlets Exorcist I Chuckies Goo A-2 5. Exorcist III and II 6. Space Terror 1 - A ( Fem. seed from my Space Terror 1) and Chuckies Goo A - 1 1st of 2 seeds. If any one is interested in the genetics please ask. I will update every 1-2 weeks. Bon Voyage girls! :woman_farmer:t4:

8 Likes

I can’t wait to see them grow hehe

3 Likes