Combination of lights

Hi I have been growing off and on for 25 year and have acquired many types of lighting HID MH, flourescants and just purchased LEDs what u am enquiring about is it off any combination of these light will improve yeild over just LED alone?
The other lights all have recently purchased bulbs so is it worth combining any of those or is it just a waste of money?
Thanks
Sugarbayallstar

2 Likes

What kind of LED did you get? What is the wattage on the HID MH (do you have an HPS), and what kind of of flourscents.

Last question, what kind of area are you trying to cover? 3x3, 4x4, etc.

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with running different lights in same space. You should target light intensity levels to make the most of it. @Sixpackdad asking same questions i would… what lights and how big of space?

Im running hps and leds in my 4x4. An example for u would be my journal if u would wanna check out a combo grow.

Hi thanks for the help my room is 1500 x 1500x 800 metric is approx 5 x 5 x3 feet I think waiting for 2nd tent to arrive same size. I have 2 1000 watt LEDs full spectrum light a MH 600 watt HID 400 watt and
CFL 125w Grow light.

Hi thanks for the help my room is 1500 x 1500x 800 metric is approx 5 x 5 x3 feet I think waiting for 2nd tent to arrive same size. I have 2 1000 watt LEDs full spectrum light a MH 600 watt HID 400 watt and
CFL 125w Grow light.

Thanks I’ll check it out.

1 Like

From my past experience, I used a 400w MH and a 400w HPS in a 4x3 space and it was a lot of light and I thought I had good bud density and colas on my autoflowers I harvested with them. The downside is it put off a lot of heat that needs to be vented out. You have a 1000w total, so I think that would be ok for a 5x3 space. If you went with this option, you could supplement with a LED or the CFL if you thought some of the area wasn’t getting full light.

Not knowing more of the 1000W LEDs, my guess is that they have a wall draw around 200w, and each would be ok for a 2x2 footprint in that space. I have a 1500w one and thats the footprint I have mine covering.

I haven’t used CFLs. Maybe good to use as side light or something.

Best of luck!

3 Likes

600 hps and a couple of leds should do alright in there.

Thanks Sixpack dad much appreciated I have two 1000w in there at moment planning to put one in new tent and supplement with other types of needed
Again thanks.
Mick

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give it a try
Mick

1 Like

Started with this

Ending with this

1 Like

Wow gorgeous grow, thanks I will go ahead with combination lights. I’m setting up a solar and wind (night power) system to power my grow shed, just getting system together. I will update everyone on how I go with this, I want grid backup if power is not enough but just figuring out how to do this is a challenge if anyone has advice on this would appreciate it.
Mick

1 Like