Color of the buds

In flowering. How do you the color out of the buds. The colors like purple…reds and blues.

1 Like

Colder temps!

1 Like

Have to have atleast a 20deg. f diffrence between night and day temps Iv seen some guys on here take them out of tent and put them in their garage at nights

Some plants will have genetics which will make the buds purple others have purple genetics which will make the leaves purple. If your plant is going to have purple buds then they will be purple. If the plants will turn the leaves purple then you need to lower your temperature during dark periods to increase the amount of purple in the leaves. If your plant doesn’t have the genetics to turn purple it won’t regardless of temperature. I have a purple mazar I just cut down and it its purple and temperature was never below 70f

and a blue cheese which I let get down to 50f at night to turn the leaves purple

2 Likes

You can also run a super high ph water thru the plant at the last 2 weeks ph of around 12 works also from my understanding havnt done it yet @imSICKkid can explain it better to u as he does his changes this way.

Just ph your water super high during the last 2 weeks and you wont have to try to achieve stupidly cold temperatures in your tent or room.

The cold weather just slows down nutrient uptake which causes lockouts and deficiencies…which is the purples and reds you see in flower.

The reason I go high instead of low is because cannabis plants like more acidic mediums more then they do in alkaline environments. So as long as your up above a ph of 10 then you’ll get the colors like you would if you stuck the plant in 50°F nights.

2 Likes

My head must be screwed on backwards, I thought the lower numbers were more acidic & higher alkaline.

That is true. Acidic is lower and alkaline is higher. What I was implying is that plants can still reach some nutrients in a very acidic medium but they absolutely hate a medium that is more alkaline opposed to acidic

2 Likes

I read it in a morning blurr, takes awhile for my brain to engage anymore.

2 Likes

How are the results with this method? I ordered some zkittlez photo seeds and would like to try and help enhance the color of my buds but I don’t know how well I’d be able to cool the grow space to that degree. Does it seem to effect bud density / quality at all?

1 Like

Doesn’t ever effect my bud in a negative way. If the buds aren’t dense by week 7 then theres other issues with environment

1 Like