Color Change Normal at Week Eight?

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
White widow from ILGM
-Age of plant
8 weeks
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Soil (stagreen). Premixed at 0.10-0.08-0.06
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
3 gallon fabric
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
Ph 5.8-6.5
ppm 800 or so
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Indoor 4x4
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
Unit Farm UF1000
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
20 on 4 off
-Temps; Day, Night
Warming up now. 75-80f day/70-75 night
-Humidity; Day, Night
Average 55rh.
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes, small fan venting 4x4 space
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No
I have it, should I use it?

QUESTION:
pistils are browning up, ph is good, but leaves are turning yellow. Any thoughts on the direction i should take?

3 Likes

Nice looking ladies, Soil PH sweet spot would be 6.5 and dipping below 5.9 could prevent certain nutrient uptake. 800 PPMs is a little low and 1000 in a good spot to be. Flowering cannabis need more potassium and phosphorus and the mid to upper leaves yellowing is a typical sign of that. The fans at the very bottom will naturally die off resulting in the yellowing and can be removed :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Will take that advice @OGIncognito thanks!

1 Like

Anytime Growmie :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I want to tip my hat to you @Knigit for a perfect example of what an opening post should look like.
Pics of the plant up close and one of the whole plant. Filled out a support ticket without anyone begging you to, or having to ask you a hundred questions. I wish every new grower could follow this example.
Good looking plant btw and good advice by @OGIncognito .
Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

:point_up_2: appreciate the confirmation and my thinking as well on the opening grow specifics :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Just what I was thinking @Spiney_norman
We wish we all did it that way. Yip yip for @Knigit .

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the advice. What realy takes me aback is that this little lady sprouted on 03/29. Now, eight weeks later, nearly ready to harvest. PERFECT!!! for an impatient SOB like myself. This is my first grow and i have asked numerous questions. The support ticket is a no brainer. If i am asking for help, that means I respect your input and do not want to waste anyone’s time with the “back and forth.” Thank you for making this journey enjoyable and FUN!!

Don’t be in a rush. My first plants were WWA. I grew 10 in total. 8 of them went 101 to 108 days. The other 2 slightly less. They were the first and like you, I was a little impatient.

I found a review by migrow of the UF1000. It did not test well. Total power was only 60+ watts and PPFD was around 200 in a 2x2. The recommended minimum PPFD during flower is 700. With a PPFD of 1000 you would be in the money. I use a 65w light to germinate seeds and through early veg. A light upgrade is probably in order.

The yellow leaves to me looks like the plant in hungry and sucking nutrients from where ever it can find it.
In soil a runoff of only 850 means there is barely anything available. It needs some good quality flower nutrients.

Based in the number of white pistils she has a long way to go. She will need food to get there.
Good luck

1 Like

@beardless I noticed similar reviews for the lighting. I have three of them in the tent so i am counting on that to compensate some. Definitely upgrading lighting for next grow. Also, to accurately read the ppm, should I just run Ph balanced water (no nutrients) through the pot to the collection pan and test for ppm from that runoff? Thanks in advance for all advice!

I think, because you are not flushing to reset soil pH, you can add nutrients. PH and PPM the nutrient solution. See how the runoff compares to what is going in. Add enough so you get a good amount of runoff.

1 Like