Colloidal Silver Max + Min ppm

Okay so TDS meter will be arriving tomorrow along with amber glass bottles with spray nozzle! I’m excited that I went the route of making colloidal silver on my own. The only question I have is; I’ve read that you need a minimum of 30 ppm for the feminization process to work! What is the maximum ppm you’d want to spray your plants with? Like I was going to go for 50 ppm but if 100 ppm or 200 ppm etc works better then I will do that. Let’s say I get up to 500 ppm, when does it become toxic for your plant?

I think @Hellraiser may know a little about it.

A quick Google search says 30 ppm.

Yes I know but it says a minimum of 30 ppm. I’ve done quite a bit of research into this and there are quite a bit of people who have not had success with 30 ppm which is why I wanted to go with 50 ppm. The question i’m asking is if theres any benefit in going higher and when it becomes toxic for the plant.

I was using about 50ppm and I didn’t get any seeds. This year I plan on trying 25ppm.

1 Like

Interesting! Why do you think lower ppm would be better?

Because higher didn’t work.

1 Like

Fair. I guess trial end error is going to be the best way for myself to find out.

Mine is 10 ppm. I got seeds the last time and I will see this time. I do apply a big dose so there is that.

This have been hitting the same 2 popcorn sized flowers at the very bottom of the plant.

2 Likes

Yes I was going to do my entire plant. 30mins before lights out and the try to do a second time before the lights come on again.

I hit mine usually with lights on. Sometimes I do it with lights out. I like to mix up the time I dose her two small popcorn sized flowers since they won’t develop into big buds. At the very bottom of the plant.

I’m excited to get going. Monday is the plan! I will not be using these to smoke this is purely to get as much pollen as I can and then will be storing until I can use it!

1 Like

The highest I have heard anyone go is 100 PPM.

2 Likes

Yea I am thinking I will go between 30-50.

1 Like

Hey! So I have had my rig going for the past 5 hours and cannot get it above 15ppm. Any suggestions how to get it higher?

I bought mine made so I can not answer. I tried a quick search but it was a no go. If you are using a Generator kit it looked like the ppm increase for longer production time.

But it also depends which Generator you are using. If you are that is.

1 Like

Yea i’ve been searching like crazy. Oh well. From what i’ve gathered from you and the web is that 15ppm should be enough. It is that pale gold colour too so I believe it worked :sweat_smile: time will tell!

1 Like

Just don’t be drinking it, remember this guy all over the news 10 years ago. Papa Smurf.

1 Like

:rofl: Damn i’ve been drinking a litre a day!

Well youll stand out in a crowd like a smashed thumb.

1 Like