Collecting pollen

Haha! True, I wasn’t bad in fact.

2 Likes

Here is the pollen collected this morning from 2 jars of the center multiheaded Choc Thai.

3 Likes

Heck yeah that’s awesome!

2 Likes

I use a clean exacto knife on unopened pollen sacs and collect the pollen i do let them dry out a day or two seems easier to collect then

4 Likes

So question, what do you do have a separate grow room just for males so you can collect pollen? What about if they’re outside, sorry forgot you don’t like outside. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I would like to butt in and ask a question. How do you gather pollen from a male that had been growing outside?

2 Likes

5 Likes

I have a separate tent set up in a closet. But its more of a bare minimum grow environment lol no fans, and a blurple shoved in there. I’m sure I’ll still have some cross contamination whenever I dusted the girls…but I’ve come to the conclusion that I wouldn’t mind a few random crosses with this Sundae Driver male. If you closed your eyes and smelled his stem you would have no doubt that someone was holding strawberry ice cream in front of your nose. Cant wait to smell the terp profile mixed with my GDP cut. Because she was really sweet smelling/tasting too!

6 Likes

Almost done collecting pollen for this grow. All the techniques I tried worked well, some better than others. I can see a use for all ways for different circumstances.

The most pollen I collected though was using a 6" x 12" piece of glass from a picture frame. I put 3-4 " of painters blue tape on one short end for holding. Then just going in and bending the tops a bit and tapping over the glass. With a razor blade it is easy to collect the pollen on the glass and holding the open jar under the edge sliding the pollen into the jar. In 3 days I got over 1/4" of pollen in the small jar of the Blue/purple Chocolate Thai that was the late bloomer.

The 6x12 glass collected the most pollen, the bags a close second maybe even a tie and the jars with cut clusters last.

I am just waiting on the NL#5 x Haze runt male to drop pollen then I am done this time. I have about 24-30 clones going (2 of each) to work with. I plan on getting one more clone of each clone and then have 1 for feminized seed and 1 for this pollen batch. Then will have one left to continue on if needed.

6 Likes

Todays NL#5 x Haze pollen on the glass.

6 Likes

That’s a nice pile of coke you got there…

1 Like

Good haul on the DJBB male today. This is from 3 sleeves and then put into 4 bottles to make it easier to dry for a few days before storage.

4 Likes

That’s awesome dude looking like your method is working out great!!

3 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

1 Purple Paki plant pollen collection from just this morning. Split it into 2 jars to make it easier for drying.

5 Likes

I should design a new T-shirt

Need Pollen?

6 Likes

So you are the one responsible for that 1 stray seed I find in my buds… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

She’s a beauty!

3 Likes

He’s very handsome.

2 Likes

Finished collecting pollen on the Paki’s this Morning. I have at least 3 jars 3/4 full ready. Had to let #2 dry on the glass before bottling as the first 3 jars all clumped.

Clones are ready to flower so I have Paki #1-#2-and #3, Choc thai mix, and 3 separate, NL#5 x Haze, BMR, and Cherry Bomb pollen ready to go.

2 Likes