Cold Nights in New England

@Countryboyjvd1971

Yes and they are flaking away almost like dust small leaves are dying and falling off on the two most big buds. Just started
Sorry about pic I cant seem to get to close with my camera.

1 Like

All good
Well I would definitely pull off any affected buds
And then if you can’t stop it you might want to consider taking them down early better then losing the whole crop imo
Is it all over @TBrezzy or just one area
Also @Hogmaster has a good link to a utube video that deals with washing of the harvest before drying hopefully he put it up for you

1 Like
1 Like

Ty my friend your the best :+1: @Hogmaster

1 Like

that @Hogmaster is on the job today…right on time!

1 Like

Thanks @Hogmaster and @Countryboyjvd1971

I figured that been reading a lot and looking at pics and sure looks like bud rot to me, will get rid of effected areas and watch daily, the weather here has been very conducive for that to happen.

2 Likes

He’s not messing around hahaha
They see everything these mentors @BIGE
Even when you don’t think they are around they are lurking in the shadows
And @Hogmaster just a dirty old man anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Hahahaha just joking buddy
Hey @TBrezzy another thing you can do is rig up a rain tarp made of clear plastic if you know you going to have a few days of rain in a row before you harvest?

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971

Hey Countryboy I did every thing you suggested and was wondering if you could try and confirm my suspicions about this bud again the picture is not great but the best I could do also I included a good pic I got off of this site.

Mine

Example
bud-rot-on-marijuana

Unfortunately @TBrezzy I see it in second pic the brown spot about center of pic :+1: So yeah I believe your right
I’ll look again when I get home I forgot my reading glasses at work tho on my desk :+1:

1 Like

Looks like bud rot. Be very careful handling affected buds etc. I would cut above it and salvage anything you can. That stinks.

I have an outside girl that I think I am going to finish indoors if I can squeeze her in! @TBrezzy

And this is in response to your earlier question about harvesting!

I hang mine leaves an all unless the humidity is really high in which case I trim the leaves away! I prefer to dry trim personally!

I harvested two BBA’s this month and one was wet trimmed and the other dry trimmed. Both were dried in paper bags due to lack of a real drying room. One is in the jars, the other is still drying!

1 Like

@Hogmaster @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

Just a quick update:

Busy day today got up early was at my sick plant by 7 am and sure enough more bud rot made the decision to cut my losses and take it all down.
I made the bath that @Hogmaster sent the link for, washed the whole plant, then rinsed real well, dried everything with a fan trimmed it up and hung in my grow tent with fan at low just moving the air around. The temp. is 72 and the R/H is at 52 and dark.
I hope this will be enough to save the crop I have if anyone has any more suggestions or if you think I made a mistake please let me know .
Got lucky the other 2 plants are far away from this one, and should I clean my tent with bleach/water mixture before introducing other plants for dry or if my WW seeds come in for the new grow.

Thanks Tbrezzy

Oh man! @TBrezzy I’ve been in your shoes and am sorry for your situation. I’m in RI and you remember the wet spring we had? Got mine good. Totally sucks. Sounds like you did all you could to mitigate the loss though. All you can do now is wait and see how she dries and cures. Sending positive vibes your way. ~AB

1 Like