Colas growing too close to lights (Height Control)

This is my first grow. I’m indoor with a tent that is 2x4x6. My plants have looked healthy and I’ve got past almost losing them because I didn’t know how to properly water or feed. I switched them to flower about a week ago and the stretch I was told would happen is now happening. I tried applying a trellis net a couple weeks ago but was told it wasn’t going to be necessary at this point with how developed the have become. I also got the tip on this forum to use tiptoes to raise lights pretty much all the way to the top of the tent. The lights are now placed as high as possible. my main concern is the 2 tallest colas are getting too close to the light and leaves are getting damaged. I do not want my plants and buds to be burned or bleached because of this. Ive thought of strapping the down bent to the side somehow but im not sure how to approach this. I don’t want to break them when bending or mess them up in any way. If I tie towards back of tent where black straps are hanging they will be under carbon filter blocking light. Please help I don’t want to mess up my first harvest

4 Likes

YOU LET THEM GET TOO TALL BEFORE SWITCHING.*
Now the stretch has got you. NO choice…bend them over or cut them off or get a ten foot tall tent.
YOUR GROW…YOUR CHOICE

2 Likes

@MrPeat can help you. He grows monsters. You will have two or three more weeks of stretch. Hopefully just 2.

On a side note, not sure why anyone would recommend buying a ten foot tent to you, not very rational.

4 Likes

You can bend them over and secure the branches. Zipties and paracord will do the trick. Do it now as the top cola will get damaged in a bad way.

Its really simple. Securing them bent will allow the colas to get fattened up so when there is enough weight, you can rrlease them. They should stay horizontal if you give them time to fatten up. I do this all the time. :+1::+1::+1:

7 Likes

move them out of the tent and put them outside or somewhere else.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community ! They’re still flexible enough to gently bend and tie over you don’t have much choice. I always recommend buying the tallest tent your space will accommodate. Also topping in veg stage is a good way to control height. Good luck

6 Likes