Codys cultivation corner, with a sebring surprise

That’s awesome! Keep it up as much as you can and starve them of nutes the last couple weeks. Should pull some amazing color beyond what you already have! Killing it bro.

The more drastic you can get it the better lights on/off

6 Likes

Thanks bro!

1 Like

Been home brewing for years, never got into the distilling side of things…

Big fan of corny kegs for the final home for the beer, set-up in a mini fridge with a line run through a wall to a tap on the wall behind our bar. :+1:

Likely to start up a coconut porter or stout soon for the fall.

7 Likes

I might be doing it backwards, but the brewing will be next year, I wanted to jump right into the distillation first.

3 Likes

I started with distilling. Never brewed anything

2 Likes

I’m excited the still should be here Tuesday.

4 Likes

What type of still, what type of end product are you trying to achieve? Different stills are designed for different products i.e. whiskey (pot) still versus vodka still. The more rectifier plates you have, the higher the proof of the finished product.

You also need copious amounts of water to keep the condenser cool. Lots of copper in the device is a must and you can use copper ‘Chore Boys’ (wool) thrown right into the wash during the stripping run if nothing else.

You will want to get a brix gauge (float hydrometer) and find a good yeast to use with your wash.

Remember too that the end product is highly flammable so open flames are a problem to work around. Learning to do a heads and tails cut is also kind of important as doing it wrong can kill you lol.

7 Likes

Not everything, but its a start, still need to order the hydrometer for the mash. Its a little 5 gallon pot still, my goal is whiskeys, and multiple run ethanol purification, maybe some flavored brandys. I will be running some extra copper tubing from the outlet, I’m going to use and adapter go go from what they have to 1" and fill it with copper chore boy. I’m using an induction stove so no open flame and better temp control imo, and I will be running water from the tap through the condenser as I will be right next to a faucet. My first few runs i will be liberal with the heads and tails until I get the feel for it and then I will dial it in. I hear the treatment for methanol poisoning is ethanol? It makes it dilute in your body and makes it where your body absorbs the ethanol instead of the methanol? Sounds horrible either way.

8 Likes

I distilled 5 gallons of Chardonnay into, what tasted like jet fuel.

Some toasted white oak and 5 months made it an amazing Brandy.

7 Likes

Very cool setup!!

2 Likes

This is a DIY kit. Hopefully after the new year I’ll get me a Vengeance Still

Out of likes, but once I move to Missouri I will be getting a nice fruit brandy still. Its legal there, the feds say you can’t but what do they know lol.

5 Likes

Nothing, and what they don’t know won’t hurt them either.
When they think they know, this is called government over reach…

9 Likes

Couldn’t agree more!

5 Likes

I’m dealing with this right now…they think they know what’s going on but they are listening to where they get the most money from. -searching for the flipping a bird emoji-

6 Likes

:fu:

Type : fu :wink:

5 Likes

:fu:

super cool @kaptain3d ! Thanks for that…I need that emoji in my rants. :joy:

4 Likes

Updated my bean list.

11 Likes

Is that a lifetime of beans?
:smiley: :+1: :+1: :+1::smiley:

5 Likes

i am extremely jealous lol great pantry bud! i will trade my first born male child for that one skunk#1, but he’s 37 now and about 7 inches taller than me so that is probably out of the question lol he’s a fireman in Chicago.

4 Likes