Codys cultivation corner, with a sebring surprise

Well I just ordered a 5 gallon still for personal use, and was wondering if anyone has any words of advice or pointers

8 Likes

Maui

Super silver haze

Grandpoobah

Jack herer

10 Likes

Distilling was always interesting to me, always thought about getting into it. I think it’s awesome you took the step and got a still.

6 Likes

Same and I figured the time was right, the prices have gone down.

6 Likes

Takes a lot of research or knowing what your doing. I had a small still that I ran for personal. Would get about 2 1/2 quart jars full from a 5 gallon still. Alcohol % depended on how much sugar we added and fermented.

5 Likes

May have been a 3 gallon hell I can remember, been years

5 Likes

2-4 quarts sounds pretty reasonable for yield on 5 gallon still. Some flexibility there for how you are about heads and tails. I don’t really know much about it, just helped a friend a few times.

5 Likes

Yea we always discarded some, think like 3/4 cup. Usually distilled around 160-180 proof. Usually cut it down depending on smoothness and taste.

3 Likes

neat stuff!

2 Likes

Deficiency, or natural color? The rest of the plant, ie the lowers and smaller tops don’t have any color in them, only the top mains.

8 Likes

Looks natural to me.

4 Likes

Colors are new to me so idk how they develop lol.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure you have another colorful genetic. :grin:

4 Likes

I hope so, that would be too cool lol.

5 Likes

Starting at the stem and bleeding into the leaf material seems pretty convincing . :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well I’m keeping my fingers crossed, going from no colors ever to 2 in one grow.

4 Likes

2 separate strains? Do you by chance have temp swings 10°+ degrees lights on and off?

2 Likes

Yes, one is outside and has a temp swing of over 30 f degrees, and the tent has a 15 f degree swing.

3 Likes

Ayyye that may be part of the coloration. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It is the coolest I’ve been able to get the tent with lights off, coincidentally its also the hottest its ben with the lights on lol.

3 Likes