Codys cultivation corner, with a sebring surprise

@dbrn32 how long can I run this engine without muffs, I have some coming but I’m bored and want to play with the timing a little, 5 minutes max.

4 Likes

Just open headers. Man ur gonna have some pissed off neighbors. Having to rev it and all. I see the popo gonna be there if u do :joy::joy::joy::laughing:

2 Likes

Nah they love it, the cops have been here once for the 96 katana 600, they asked if we were working on it, we said ya, they said ok and left, that was over 2 years ago, and they haven’t been back since lol.

7 Likes

I might overlooked the status of your cherry bomb. Female?

3 Likes

Its the Maui wowie cherry bomb pheno, and she is definitely a female. :grinning::+1:

13 Likes

Tent shot. Looking way better

10 Likes

This one is super bushy!!

11 Likes

Numbers I’ve heard thrown around were seconds, and not very many. Its not necessarily a problem for engine to my knowledge, but seals and gaskets can fry very quickly.

8 Likes

I’m waiting for the muffs. I watched this one guy on YouTube just stick a hose up to the inlets, but I decided we can wait lol.

6 Likes

If impeller is in good shape you could probably get away with it. I feel like it’s just awfully expensive lesson to learn the hard way. Even running on muffs i feel is a little sketchy. If they slip and you don’t see, the ol B.O.A.T acronym will definitely be in play.

3 Likes

The water pump is engaged even when the prop is not correct? I was thinking about using an old bathtub to put the outdrive in and fill it with water, start the boat and fill the tub as the engine picks up water. Also my brother will be watching the muffs when we start her.

4 Likes

Yessir. Using tub or drum is way better solution as long as you can replace what pump is taking. If possible try to keep return from dumping into tub, it will warm up pretty quickly

7 Likes

The return on this is out the prop hub, idk how good the seal is to the prop hub, so it might come out there. Worst case I can leave the hose on in the tub to over flow it and keep cool water in the tub, plus the yard gets a little water so kill 2 birds with 1 stone kinda thing.

7 Likes

My cousin does work on his boats in his yard he uses a big ass garbage can to set motor in and throws a hose in some port hole it sucks water in the motor I guess. Idk much about boats just seen him do it.

5 Likes

The water has to go in the dark blue circle, after it goes through the engine it mixes with the exhaust and comes out where the light blue lines are.

20210831_072246

8 Likes

yep, those are looking very healthy!

4 Likes

Out of likes, but thanks monk!! Ya definitely a lot better than when I started lol.

7 Likes

You know what I don’t get, how someone is going to complain about not having necessities to live with, like a/c, but them spend thousands of dollars on alcohol, tobacco products, and useless trinkets. Just makes no sense to me. It would be like if I was struggling to feed my kids and I bought beer instead. People really have their priorities messed up.

12 Likes

For all tbe people who don’t know what B.O.A.T stands for, why don’t you enlighten them :rofl:.

I have been very lucky with my boat so I’ve avoided the B.O.A.T tag lol

3 Likes

Bust out another thousand

6 Likes