Cody's coco cultivation

Sure! Dry trimming helps to preserve the terps more because the chlorophyll doesnt spill all over the plant tissue and if left to dry trim it will slow down the dry time giving it a better drying cure time

3 Likes

Congrats man! :fire::fire:

1 Like

Lmao thank you brother!!

1 Like

I’m sure I’m going to like it, so far I think the only downside is that the trichs become more brittle after drying so dry trimming is a lot more sticky, but that’s just what I heard and the benefits outweigh the negatives.

2 Likes

Thank you, the house is starting to smell like it as it dries, probably 4 more days of drying to go.

3 Likes

Dropping a gdp fem seed to replace the banana kush, which is going to be used in the solo cup challenge.

7 Likes

All caught up, and Congratulations!!! all around! :+1:
Lots of questions, observations and general bs lol.

First off great job w the Pollen you collected, also dig the name Skullberry! makes for a great future graphic for your crosses.
I was wondering about the mystery plant when I started to catch up but saw that she turned out quite nice, time well spent then.

lmao w the spackle knife incident, that’s just freaky or really poor “metal”. I have an Old one I found in one of the apartments I lived in long ago. I can tell its old cause it has a rosewood handle, that’s unheard of these days and rightly so. I’ve been through two houses so far and used it extensively, so much so that its sharp as a knife, literally, and have cut myself while cleaning it, but I love it cause its so well made, love old stuff :grin:

Who’s the girl that got chopped in post 4240? very funky bud structure, it always amazes me how some develop, its wild!

What the heck are Peeps?!? lol

Blue dream will more than likely outpace/outgrow anything else you got running w her, she is a very very vigorous plant, clones like a champ and has a great high, not as much sativa dominant as i thought or expected, the indica seems more pronounced to me at least. I know Purp has similar experience w her, great plant, looking forward to seeing what you think of her, but we got time for that :smile:

Good job my friend, now lets see how Banana Kush performs. All joking aside, I dont think ive been disappointed w any Kush variety I’ve grown, Mango, Blackberry, Cookies and Kosher Kush, they’re all fantastic. It definitely adds something very tangible to the mix and usually Kicks ass! :+1: :v: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Hence the moniker on my threads : M.I.L.K = Man I Love Kush :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You know better than I do Kaptain :+1: Seems like if you want to turbo a strain mix in some Kush and or Afghan! The fav right now is Kosher, but Mango (and blackberry) deserves another try since she was from my first grw. Its an endless maze of possibilities w this plant :wink: :sunglasses: :partying_face:

2 Likes

I don’t think so… it’s only my third indoor grow… But since the first Kush I have ever grown, they have all been great in one way or another… Either a super buzz, or an interesting flavor, most often both :drooling_face:

Definitely agree w that, been my experience too. Lots of lovely Kush varieties out there to sample my friend :yum:

How many outdoors :laughing: :v:

Once an OG Kush and the other time it was a Banana Kush. Both of them in my garden and by the end of the summer you couldn’t see the vegetables in the garden anymore… they got huge! :star_struck:

2 Likes

How did the Banana one taste & smell, were there hints of its namesake in it?

Yes! That was the first time I realized those guys weren’t kidding when they were talking about terpenes!
It really tasted of banana and the buzz was strong and clean headed… Just like the Lemon Kush I have just harvested taste like freshly zested lemons! Vaping brought out the flavors more for me.
The more the cure goes on, the deeper the lemon flavors. :thinking:

2 Likes

Thats Cool! I’ve noticed some nice hints of scent and flavors on some of the strains but Blue Dream is probably the one that really lived up to its hype in that sense, intoxicating aroma :partying_face:
Honestly when I vape they all taste great, I just cant separate the scents that much :grin:

Gotta give you that one! :wink:

But even just opening the jars of Lemon Kush and you get a strong smell of Lemon.
When it was just dried, before the curing started, the lemon taste was mainly on the exhale… but as the cure goes on, the taste deepens and now is both on the intake and the exhale! Nice and a really good day strain… :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I’m w @GreenJewels on a proper cure, roughly 2-3 month mark, peak of flavor and the divine scents.
Night and day on the end result, so worth the wait and anticipation which are well rewarded :+1: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thank you!! The name is all @repins12 idea. I agree though, I have a few ideas already for graphics.
Ya the mystery plant sure suprised me in the end, i did get a few seeds of her and the grayskull mixed.
Ya that was the first time i have had one of those fail on me like that, sure suprised me lol. The one you have will probably be a heirloom, it sounds like a very well built tool, not like some of the crap we get now.
That was the first of two terror berry ogs they are both seed bearing and are the mother of skullberry og. I took a bud from her a couple of days before I chopped and just smoked some of it, it is some killer smoke, smells like pine and candy.
I’m pretty excited about the BD I’ve smoked it before and really enjoyed it, but this will be my first grow of her, I plan on doing a lot of training on all of them except the banana kush, since she will be my solo cup contender. I agree on the kushes never a let down. I have a few other kushes as well I think I will be growing a lot more of them in the future. I’m thinking about dropping a peyote critical to see how it does as well, you guys seem to like it.

4 Likes

That’s very interesting profile :yum: :+1: glad to know you got some seeds off her. I love seeds, they hold all the potential in the world.

Peyote critical I am familiar w because of @Killadruid & @cyle1, seemed like they were always growing it :grin: sure it wasnt the case but that’s how my mind remembers it lol.

Skullberry…all sorts of images get conjured up w that one, cant wait to see what makes it onto paper :+1:

2 Likes

Lemon Kush smells and tastes FANTASTIC when it’s grown and cured right, but the best tasting bud I’ve ever had was Blue Dream. I swear it tasted just like blueberry muffins.

2 Likes